First Build

yeah, he must not have seen the canadien flag...

yes, great post, do not skimp on the psu, it's probably the most important part of a build and if it is cheap and blows up it could take some other components with it, then you're back at square one...

I skimped on my first build with a Powmax Assassin, after about 9 months it pretty much assassinated itself one day while I was at work, thankfully it didn't take any other components with it when it went "Pow", plus I never got my rebate (it was $25 shipped with a $25 MIR, lesson learned from that fiasco)...

this is a very good psu and fits your criteria, a little over $90 and there's a MIR to bring it close to $60...
lol i had a powmax as well, went pow after 8 months, didnt fry anything except itself (thankfully). after that i went with yet another cheap psu (still works but i have a new one since then) but i knew it would die eventually, so i got a silverstone. its really loud, but its stable and strong, its worth the loud fans.

thaks for all your help, sorry, i didnt see the new egg.ca part, i just never buy from there cause its to expensive, for 12 items, its over $250 to ship. Just plain dumb, i bought of ncix and 2 day shipping from british columbia to ontario for $39.95. Thanks for all your help

lol i had a powmax as well, went pow after 8 months, didnt fry anything except itself (thankfully). after that i went with yet another cheap psu (still works but i have a new one since then) but i knew it would die eventually, so i got a silverstone. its really loud, but its stable and strong, its worth the loud fans.

you were a little more hard headed than me then huh...?

;)

after the Powmax fiasco I got an Antec Basiq 500w off craigslist for $25 and ran that until a week ago when I got a Cooler Master Mystique with an Antec True Power Trio 650w already installed for $40 off craigslist, I tipped the guy $10 for holding it until I got paid, I also got my E6600 for $100 off craigslist about 2 years ago...

craigslist is my local Newegg sans shipping...

:D

hehe, anythng i see on newegg, i allways search craigy, but you gotta make sure its not defaulty

Back
Top Bottom