First Build

kirkman

Baseband Member
Hey this is my first build from NCIX Canada and i was wondering if this would be a good gaming build.

Antec Nine Hundred Mid Tower Gamer Case 900 ATX 9 Drive Bay No PS Top USB2.0 1394 Audio

Logisys 650w atx power supply

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition OEM

Open Box/Refurbished Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 250GB SATA2 8.5MS 7200RPM 16MB Cache Hard Drive OEM 5YR MFR

LG GH22NS30 Black DVD+RW 22X8X16 DVD-RW 22X6X16 DL 16X/12X 2MB SATA OEM

Open Box/Refurbished ASUS M2N-E ATX AM2 NFORCE570 DDR2 PCI-E16 2PCI-E1 3PCI SATA2 Sound GBLAN Motherboard

Antec TriCool 120MM Red LED Case Fan 3/4 Pin W/ 3 Speed Switch

Coolermaster GeminII S Copper 5 Heatpipe Cooler 120MM

AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ Dual Core Processor AM2 3.1GHZ 2X512KB Cache 89W 65NM Retail Box

G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-4GBPQ PC2-6400 4GB 2X2GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-15 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit

Logisys CLK12GN2 Dual Green Cold Cathode Kit 12IN 3.0MM

AeroCool Easywatch 3.5IN LCD Display Black Fan Controller & Temperature Monitor

Sunbeam Sound Sensor Modual For Sunbeam/Logisys Cold Cathodes.

Alltogether with shipping and tax is $880.67
from ncix canada

i dont recommend logisys for a power supply. psu's are one of the few components that you must not go cheapo on. you also dont need 650w for all that. you are probably fine with a 550-600 if that. make sure you get a psu with a 6 pin connecter for your video card. i recommend antec, pc power anc cooling, silverstone, corsiar, ocz, cooler master, thermaltake, zalman. you really dont want to mess with a cheap psu because it can fry your whole system if something goes wrong. for your build i recommend getting this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010

it may be a bit pricey (not really) compared to your logisys, but its well worth it.

I'd go with this cooler instead of the CM.

Unless you already have a copy of XP, I'd pick up Vista 64 bit instead.

And a 780G board isn't very expensive, and it would be a lot better than the one you selected as it supports all the new Phenoms, unless you plan on SLI'ing.

+1 to Cornholio's post.

ya well i live in "canada" so id like it if you would send me links to parts in canada

?

Those parts were in Canada.

yeah, he must not have seen the canadien flag...

i dont recommend logisys for a power supply. psu's are one of the few components that you must not go cheapo on. you also dont need 650w for all that. you are probably fine with a 550-600 if that. make sure you get a psu with a 6 pin connecter for your video card. i recommend antec, pc power anc cooling, silverstone, corsiar, ocz, cooler master, thermaltake, zalman. you really dont want to mess with a cheap psu because it can fry your whole system if something goes wrong. for your build i recommend getting this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817341010

it may be a bit pricey (not really) compared to your logisys, but its well worth it.

yes, great post, do not skimp on the psu, it's probably the most important part of a build and if it is cheap and blows up it could take some other components with it, then you're back at square one...

I skimped on my first build with a Powmax Assassin, after about 9 months it pretty much assassinated itself one day while I was at work, thankfully it didn't take any other components with it when it went "Pow", plus I never got my rebate (it was $25 shipped with a $25 MIR, lesson learned from that fiasco)...

this is a very good psu and fits your criteria, a little over $90 and there's a MIR to bring it close to $60...

Back
Top Bottom