Re: First Build
Ok so I've decided to modify this build a bit more. I know I won't have as much time for gaming within the next school year so I scaled down the video card to a 7800gt. Here is what I've come up with (C+P from sites):
- Asus A8N-SLI Premium *Fanless Design* nForce4 SLI w/Audio, 2 x Gigabit LAN, FireWire, SATA-RAID, Dual DDR400 (Socket 939)
- AMD Athlon™ 64 Processor (3500+)
- 1GB(512x2) 400Mhz 184pin DDR (OCZ OCZ4001024V3DC-K)
- Maxtor DiamondMax 10 200GB - 7200RPM, 16MB Cache, SATA150 (OEM)
- eVGA e-GeForce 7800GT 256MB GDDR3 PCI-Express w/Dual DVI, ViVo (Retail)
- Cooler Master Centurion 530 (RC-530) - Aluminum Front Bezel *No Power Supply* (Black)
- OCZ ModStream 520 Watts Power Supply w/UV EZMod Cable (Retail)
I figured the PSU from the original build wasn't going to do for the 7800gt(x). The motherboard is there for expansion at a later date.
If anyone would like to give me some suggestions on how to improve on this build please do so because I'm getting all this in two days.
Also, what is Gigabit LAN and will I need to reuse my old NIC? Any quick tips for building this computer would help a lot as well. Thanks in advance.