First Build

rememeber all motherboards come with a sound chip built in so save the money and put into a more expensive video card its worth it in the long run.

You know, there is an edit button. Monitor, needs to be replaced (15 inch CRT). Speakers can wait. Case, I *SHOULD* get a new case for better cooling. The size of my hard drive is 40 gigs.

I live in Vancouver.

As far as re-useable parts go
- Keyboard
- Mouse
- Network card
- CD-R Burner
- CD-R drive
- Floppy Disk drive
- Headphones w/ mic

i would spend 1000 on 7800gtx and a computer case with lots of fans. THen i would take the other 1000 and spend it on amd 64 3500 venice, nforce 4 motherboard, average performance ram, and harddrive.

What do you mean by wordfile?

EDIT: i forgot about the psu you should be able to fit in a psu in there with some money left over.

That's looking a lot like what I have on my word file.

I put my specs on a word file so I can read it the next morning and modify it.

With your suggestions, I've come up with this:

- Asus nForce4 Ultra ATX DDR400 w/ 8 channel audio, GLAN, SATA-R, PCle, 1394, USB 2
- Athlon64 3500+
- OCZ 4001024 PDC-K (1G Premier Kit)
- Maxtor 250GB HD 7200rpm 16MB (SATA)
- MSI (MS-V801-010) NX7800GTX-VT2D256E 256MB DDR PCI-E w/TV & DVI
- RAIDMAX 868WSP w/ 420W PSU

Re-using these parts:

- CD-R/W Burner
- 52x CD-R
- Floppy disk drive
- Network card
- Headphones w/ microphone

Software is taken care of.

Yes Spooney now that is money well spent, you will thank me latter on when you get your 7800gtx and amd 64 3500 (instead of 6800gt and amd 64 3200 with alot of other useless computer components). what you came up with using my suggestions is excellent, get all of it.

All of that amounts to $1775 or so including tax. Without tax is $1558 or so. The question still remains...is it all compatible with each other?

A kind-of stupid question: How will I ground myself before putting all the parts together in a home that has pretty much carpet everywhere?

yes they are all compatible with each other thats a amd 64 939 mother board and that a amd 64 939 3500 cpu and thats a pci express motherboard and thats a pci express 7800gtx video card. SO everything is compatible, and lots of people have computers with those parts installed together. they are all 100% compatible

Back
Top Bottom