firewire cables and adapters

You mean a USB to Firewire adapter? Your motherboard doesn't support Firewire, but has USB, right? Then you need an adapter to make a USB port into a Firewire?

Would this give the same functionality though as a real Firewire port?

My motherboard has one slot for Firewire actually on it to plug the 4 ports I got in the box into a spare back slot of the computer.
If you don't have this on it, you'd have no choice but to just buy a PCI card to add this feature on which the motherboard didn't include.

I definetly doubt one Firewire to USB adapter would make it have firewire functionality as it would be easier to just get one of those than for people to buy seperate cards...

What ColdWaterCS is getting at I think is that there is a connection for it on the case, or a space for one, and yet doesn't have the functionality yet to pull a cable through to this connection to allow it to be used, as some cases do come with them so taht if the motherboard has a connection for it, they can just get a Firewire wire and plug this up from the motherboard connection to the spare slot on the case

Like i said up there, you'll need a Firewire PCI plug-in card (that might have about 2 sockets on it, though might be best to get one with 2 of those, and then some USB2's as well, might be useful) and that should do it.

Though if you seriously wanted to use the one on the case, the motherboard would have had to come with one

Back
Top Bottom