Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-26-2006, 03:30 PM   #31
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to MooseMan
Default Re: Firefox vs. Opera

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArrizX
I just tried.

Doesnt work. My bad. So im not sure how to do it then. Maybe it cant be done, lol. But whats not to like about it? I think it works awesome.
well it works good but i think the pop up is better because u can view what u've downloaded and whats avalible 2 download at the same time and stuff like that...

Old 07-26-2006, 03:48 PM   #32
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to ArrizX

Well after you have downloaded it in the manager, it says there. Unless you have set it otherwise I beleive.

You can also make it so the page pops up in the background.

()_) ()_)--o-)_)
ArrizX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 04:39 PM   #33
Fully Optimized

i use opera 9. i like it alot it has some useful features such as it saves your web pages whe you close it, the free widgets and it can also download torrents. which pees me off as i auzreus for that and dont want my browser to start hogging up the bandwidth. the down side is that it doesnt work on some websites such as natwest online banking. but arent we all missing a very important point of which one is more secure? whihc i believe is opera if you get all the FF myths out of the way first.
Core i7 2600K Sandybridge + Prolimatech Megahalems Cooler ₪ Asus P8P67 DELUXE ₪ G.Skill RipJawsX 8GB DDR3 1600MHz ₪ Crossfire 5870's ₪ OCZ GameXstream 850w ₪ X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS edition ₪ OCZ Vertex 3 120GB ₪ Antec P182 ₪ NAS ReadyDuo 4Tb ₪ BenQ FP241WZ 24" Widescreen LCD ₪ Windows 7 x64
Fisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:39 PM   #34
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to Trivium Nate

Quote:
Originally Posted by X1337
Firefox here. I only use it becuase when I installed XP it didnt install Internet explore.. Can someone Upload there IE folder in C:\Program files\Internet Explorer. Copy the Internet Explorer. And PM it to me if you have Windows XP Sp2

GEt on Aim or Msn and I shall help you out
Trivium Nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2006, 06:52 PM   #35
Daemon Poster

FF over Opera anyday. Better themes, and extensions. Plus I like the over all feel to it, its GUI kicks butt.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:18 AM   #36
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to MooseMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher
i use opera 9. i like it alot it has some useful features such as it saves your web pages whe you close it, the free widgets and it can also download torrents. which pees me off as i auzreus for that and dont want my browser to start hogging up the bandwidth. the down side is that it doesnt work on some websites such as natwest online banking. but arent we all missing a very important point of which one is more secure? whihc i believe is opera if you get all the FF myths out of the way first.
well the security of the browser is only a portion of security, a small 1 at that. it all matters on what you browse with ur browser and wat kind of security software u have on the computer (anti-virus, anti-spyware, firewall etc.) also hardware firewalls r good 2
Old 07-27-2006, 07:53 AM   #37
In Runtime

I have both installed, but I have only ever used Opera once. I just find Firefox much more user friendly and looks great, and I haven't had any problems with it before so I see no reason to not use FF.
nstepho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2006, 08:03 AM   #38
Golden Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fisher
Agreed, the games widgets rock

LA061 is offline   Reply With Quote