Firefox not opening....i hate explorer

kbohannon

Baseband Member
Im in need of some help, I've been trying to open mozilla firefox up today and it will not open. I double click to open it from the start menu and from the shortcut on the desktop and it does the time capsule for about a sec. and doesn't open the page up. so im using internet explorer which i really hate. im not sure what to do next. Also, i tried installing the latest firefox and it says that i already have a firefox window open that needs to be closed. Im running windows xp.
Thanks

Have you restarted the computer at all today?

It is telling you that the Firefox window is still open, most likely, because Firefox is still running even though you can't see it. Try opening Task Manager, selecting the Processes tab and finding Firefox. When you find it, end it. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Have you restarted the computer at all today?

It is telling you that the Firefox window is still open, most likely, because Firefox is still running even though you can't see it. Try opening Task Manager, selecting the Processes tab and finding Firefox. When you find it, end it. Then try uninstalling and reinstalling it.

Yes, i've tryed restarting and shuting down the puter still didn't open. i will try the process tab right now.

Go into Task Manager and under the Processes tab, select firefox.exe and click the End Process button. Then restart Firefox.

alright i just ended it from the task manager then re-installed. Thanks for your help Denthul and Atomic. :p

Back
Top Bottom