Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-05-2006, 12:03 PM   #11
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner
Default Re: Firefox Myths

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jordan Pardy
I complained and complained via their customer support website [email and live chat] and I dialed the toll-free number. Nothing. They refused to help me. And I pay over $50 p/m.
$50? thats a lot...then again that must be canadian. I wonder how much that is in USD...

Sounds like a pathetic company you are dealing with.

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 12:50 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

I tried IE7 beta 3, it was a step up from beta 2 because it didn't crash as much as beta 2. I hated beta 2, it crashed numerous times and it took forever to get IE itself started. Beta 3 was a step up but it still crashed but less frequently. I uninstalled it because I don't even use IE. To me firefox actually runs faster than IE and is more stable but that's just my opinion. I'm still sticking with firefox

troy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:26 PM   #13
Golden Master

I always run Mozilla, never Firefox.
lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:30 PM   #14
Fully Optimized

Very Nice read you got there..i think i might switch to opera after reading that, because of all the hype, ...just realized how UNSAFE it is..

PokerDegenerate: Don't listen to these guys, I like the IDE makes it look vintage like a 68 Camaro SS...
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 01:40 PM   #15
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Its not unsafe, but like any browser, it has its flaws.

I do know from personal experience for example though, that it has problems rendering/working for some webpages.

Haha, the bit at the end about fan boys digging the site into the ground, and a site banning users who post the site, is obviously really narrow minded.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:50 PM   #16
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117 Send a message via Yahoo to Nik00117

IDC, I still love my firefox
Old 07-05-2006, 01:55 PM   #17
Golden Master

IDC?

I still like firefox too, but I'll definietly try the new IE when it comes freely available and isn't a beta.

I'm more likely to switch than stick to one that doesn't always work anyhow.

Have you seen how much memory firefox actually uses when you have it running?

Mines using 47mb - The highest memory intensive process I have running, and I only have one tab.

IE 6 though on the otherhand, when i just had it on running the same page, was only using 25mb. Half of Firefox.

Though, I still use Firefox. Why? I don't know really... I do like the tabbed browsing though. That was the main reason, plus all the blockers I could easily install.

Though, when IE 7 becomes a full version, who knows?
Old 07-05-2006, 02:14 PM   #18
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to trance-n-e

Yea Firefox uses up HUGE amount of memory, and with only 256 mb RAM its a big thing...
trance-n-e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2006, 02:17 PM   #19
Golden Master

Firefox is now using 50mb

Yeah, it is alot, and shouldn't really be using that much I don't think.

I have 1gb, but when I have 3D software up, that can use like 600MB of memory, the rest of my computer falls pretty fast with high priority programs up that use alot of memory.

Its nothing really to worry about, but you would think it'd use less.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:59 PM   #20
Fully Optimized

I have noticed that when using Firefox, some websites don't come up. In example, when I worked at the school district, I was the administrator for Spy Sweeper Enterprise, but whenever I wanted to go into the Administration Console, I had to go to another computer that had Internet Explorer on it in order to gain access to the Admin Console without going to the server itself. I never tried using Opera in Firefox's place, but doubt that would work either. Webroot told me over the phone that they don't support Firefox or Opera.

I also noticed, like Kage says, Firefox runs a little slower. I especially notice this on the Cyberguys site. There are also some issues rendering in my opinion. Long story short, I agree with all of you about Firefox. I still use Internet Explorer 6.0 on my workstation, so I use Firefox because I heard it was safer than IE6. But I anticipate upgrading to IE 7 once the official release comes out. Not fond of beta testing on my main computer.

http://www.yourpcforums.org
Computer Head is offline   Reply With Quote