Firefox Myths

Yeah, I find from a cold start, Firefox to be alot slower than Internet Explorer, but I just prefer it.

Though, I haven't tried the latest Internet Explorer.

Firefox is a bit weird though when it comes to some sites with alot of graphics and scrolly things. It tends to jerk alot while scrolling down, and isn't as smooth as Internet Explorer is with those kinds of sites.

Kage said:
Yeah, I find from a cold start, Firefox to be alot slower than Internet Explorer, but I just prefer it.

Though, I haven't tried the latest Internet Explorer.

Firefox is a bit weird though when it comes to some sites with alot of graphics and scrolly things. It tends to jerk alot while scrolling down, and isn't as smooth as Internet Explorer is with those kinds of sites.
I am running Internet Explorer 7 Beta 3 at the moment, it seems fine. I like the little search box on the top right, but it tends on my slow dialup connection if a webpage has lots of images, including little images like a forum, it just puts Xs in all of them instead of loading them. That's annoying, but it works fine with ComputerForums.org.

Otherwise its a pretty fast and stable browser. I've had a couple of errors after closing it, it happens occasionaly like every 10 closes or something [I remember back in Beta 2 I had a closing error each time]. I probably should of reported that to Microsoft but for sure someone else has noticed that before.

In terms of Firefox vs. Internet Explorer, it doesn't really matter to me on a dialup connection and all I don't notice speed that much, its just always slow. :)

Yeah, it must suck to have dial-up :p

I might try IE 7, as thats supposed to be the same type of thing as Firefox, as it has tabbed browsing (and thats what I tend to use the most).

Kage said:
Yeah, it must suck to have dial-up :p

I might try IE 7, as thats supposed to be the same type of thing as Firefox, as it has tabbed browsing (and thats what I tend to use the most).
Most people's dialups are faster than mine, most people have 56k. I pay for 56k, but it only runs at less than 28.8k unfortunately. :(

Thats a shame. You should complain about that, because your losing HALF your bandwidth!

Its the same with me at the moment. I'm on 2mb broadband from NTL, yet, I did a speed test yesterday, and I'm not even getting 1Mb. Were getting more along the lines of 748kb in speed!

You can definietly notice the difference from any link, thats suddenly dropped in speed.

Wow, I didn't even realize any of that. Well, I guess I should delete it and start using IE. Thanks for the heads up. I don't get any problems from my Mac version though, this one is running perfectly fine. I also get to do some things that I couldn't with Safari.

I'm currently using Opera 9.0... not bad, but i'm way too used to firefox at this point..

Kage said:
Thats a shame. You should complain about that, because your losing HALF your bandwidth!

Its the same with me at the moment. I'm on 2mb broadband from NTL, yet, I did a speed test yesterday, and I'm not even getting 1Mb. Were getting more along the lines of 748kb in speed!

You can definietly notice the difference from any link, thats suddenly dropped in speed.
I complained and complained via their customer support website [email and live chat] and I dialed the toll-free number. Nothing. They refused to help me. And I pay over $50 p/m.

Back
Top Bottom