Firefox

Mal1

In Runtime
Being as I use Netscape 7.2 for my pop3 email and the browser included for (what a surprise) browsing, would it be of any use me getting Firefox alone? or a mixture of FireFox and Thunderbird? Or would it really not be of much benefit/difference over netscape 7.2 (I know of the differences between netscape and FF/TB combined and they aren't exactly substantial features, but since FF just hit the 25 million download point and is slowly but surely eating away at IE's share, I was wondering what all the debate was about.)
If there is significantly better security with FF or faster browsing, (I do like the RMS bookmark feature that netscape doesnt have) General pro's and cons of FF.
If I have FF and TB, can you still use the ctrl+2 feature like netscape to access the email, or ctrl+1 for a new browser, (obviously ctrl+t is still there for the tabbed browsing).
Thanks in advance

well i'll have to say that using netscape bites the big one , and i would'nt use it at all ...unless you are useing them as your servise provider..

I really like firefox, and it has many plugin's that you install the one's you want that will let you custom configure it...

the best part is the pop up blocker plugin, but the down side is that not all web sites support it, and it sometimes won't show pics, unless you have the flash player plugin....

duely noted. And no I'm not using netscape as my ISP. any specific reasons why netscape 'bites the big one'?
It also does the pop up thing sometimes which is why I keep IE installed for occasional use that netscape/mozilla wont work on. (like windowsupdate.com) that annoys me. can firefox retrieve that site?

Back
Top Bottom