Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 08-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #31
Baseband Member

Default Re: Finished build with pics!

Thanks everyone for your help. Going be busy this week working. Going to try to fix everything by next week.

slickooz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 01:50 PM   #32
Baseband Member

Hi everyone, I got to change couple things. I was wondering if its fine that the cooling fan is facing the gpu. The cooler fans is suppose to be facing the front of the case and blowing the hot air into the back of the case. Right now its drawing air from the top of gpu and blowing air out into the top of the case. Should I switch coolers like the V8 or stick with ultra chilltec black?

Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #33
In Runtime

Very nice setup there.but I read reviews on that CPU cooler that say that when your not using your CPU it gets cold which in-return you get condensation, and we all know water and electronics dont mix.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickooz View Post
Hi everyone, I got to change couple things. I was wondering if its fine that the cooling fan is facing the gpu. The cooler fans is suppose to be facing the front of the case and blowing the hot air into the back of the case. Right now its drawing air from the top of gpu and blowing air out into the top of the case. Should I switch coolers like the V8 or stick with ultra chilltec black?
Always blow hot air out and cool air in.
Asus Crosshair IV AM3~Phenom II X6 1090T@4.0GHz~Cooler Master V6 GT~Dominator GT (4 x 2GB)@2000MHz 8-8-8-24~Asus GTX480@800/1600/1900~OCZ Vertex 2 60GB (OS)~Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit~WD Black 1TB~Cooler Master Silent Pro 1000w~Cooler Master ATCS 840 Case
AmD~pWnD~yOu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 02:56 PM   #34
Baseband Member

So what cooler would u suggest?
Old 08-20-2010, 02:58 PM   #35
Fully Optimized

Usually; I say this due to unorthodox all-in-one coolers out there, you would have the front and side fans sucking in air and the top and rear fans exhausting air. The PSU fan should suck in fresh air from outside the case and exhaust it out the rear so the big fan on the PSU doesn't disrupt the air flow inside the case.

But I can't see the CPU cooler being a problem as long as the fan on the CPU HS is blowing air over the fins. The rear exhaust case fan can then expel the hot air from the HSF assembly.

EDIT: Turn the CPU HSF assembly anti-clockwise 90 degrees.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:00 PM   #36
Baseband Member

So the way my case is design i should be safe right? Amd said that this cooler has it problem when its not used it will become cool and can cause condensation? Is this true? I have to return this item soon due to the fact it makes some weird clicking noise. Don't know if i should keep this one or get something else.
Old 08-20-2010, 04:09 PM   #37
Fully Optimized

Quote:
So the way my case is design i should be safe right? Amd said that this cooler has it problem when its not used it will become cool and can cause condensation? Is this true? I have to return this item soon due to the fact it makes some weird clicking noise. Don't know if i should keep this one or get something else.
Unless your running a phase change cooling loop or using LN2 on your rig you have nothing to worry about with regards to condensation. You do need to sort the cooling method out a little though; it's unorthodox. Sort the PSU out and rotate the CPU heatsink through 90 degrees.

The graphics card looks too close to the HSF Fan so check and make sure that the GPU card ain't touching/fouling the fan.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:30 PM   #38
Baseband Member

Right now I have the psu fan facing bot of the case. The cooler wont fit in the right way. Because the Ram is too tall. So only choice I have is having the fan facing the bottom of the case. I'm might have to pick a different cooler.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:42 PM   #39
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Right now I have the psu fan facing bot of the case. The cooler wont fit in the right way. Because the Ram is too tall. So only choice I have is having the fan facing the bottom of the case. I'm might have to pick a different cooler.
I'm glad you have the PSU the right way round.

If you can't get the CPU HSF the correct way then get a new one.
Old 08-20-2010, 05:57 PM   #40
Baseband Member

Does anyone know if the v10 will fit over the Ram? because they have heat sink on them