Finding out who did what, when

Wampy

Solid State Member
I have one of my PC's set up in the office of the company I work for, and in the last year I have had no problems with it. About 2 months ago, we hired a new salesman, and due to lack of office space, I agreed ( reluctantly ) to let him use it on occasion when he needed to do email, research, etc. ( I don't use it all day, just off and on ).

Twice in the last month, shortly after he has finished using it, my AVG has popped up a warning stating a virus has been found. I am at the point of either banning him from using it, or just pulling it out of the office and taking it home. However, I don't know for sure if its something he has done or not as far as opening infected emails, certain sites he goes to doing it, or what.

Is there anything in XP like a log system that I can go back through to find out who did what at what time, to try to see what he's been doing, and try to determine if in fact he is responsible for the viruses?

Why dont you give him a limited account so he cant access everything.

You could maybe check event viewer in admin tools and see if anything is in there, or maybe setup auditing on the computer, although AFAIK these wont tell you what sites he is visiting.

Back
Top Bottom