Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 02-11-2005, 02:52 PM   #21
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Finally someone realizes Mozilla sux!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
LK, SP2 does not stop spyware, pop ups etc, its pop up blocker is rubbish and the program is rubbish. firefox is much better, as my physics teacher said, anyone that uses IE over firefox is an idiot and oviously wants to be infested with viruses, spyware, adware etc. i read in one of your other posts that firefox does not run activex, how exactly is that bad, most spyware is carried on activex sites in the activex control, firefox is MUCH more secure and i have had NO spyware at all since swopping to firefox, i used to get it all the time, IE has too many holes and they do not bother to update it very often, i havnt seen an IE update for ages. also firefox is open source, FREE, which is better than paying extortionate amounts for a rubbish program.
Im not saying that you are stupid, im just wondering why you want your PC to be have loads of spyware on it, and to keep on having to waste time doing spyware scans. IE IS RUBBISH!! too many security holes.
p.s. incase you didnt see my other post, congrats on reaching 9,000 posts!!

The Popup Blocker has never not worked for me Or anybody I know. SP2 doesn't - its not meant to Microsoft Antispyware does that and I'm sure it will be integrated into Longhorn for more ability.

That is why he's a Physics Teacher and not a Computing Teacher

ActiveX is a very useful piece of kit. While it can be used for spyware, and has been used for Spyware this has been noted in Internet Explorer and you do have to select to install anything ActiveX. With Microsoft Antispyware even if you select to allow it it will still tell you whats happening and ask for your agreement again if its doing anything suspected as suspicious. This is a great deal better than blocking it out all together as some sites use it to great advantage. Including Windows Update and Office Update. Maybe Firefox just aren't capable of building in support for it

You don't pay for Internet Explorer. If you do pay for a Browser, use MSN Explorer (which comes with MSN ISP if you're from America, so you don't actually have to pay for it anyway in that case), which while costing comes with Encarta, 2 Gigs of Space, soon Microsoft Outlook and the only Bugless Browser in existance.

Spyware is not involved in Security Holes. Spyware is involved in loading onto Internet Explorer where on Firefox there is no room. However - there is room isn't there now? Yahoo, Google, its only time now until it becomes feasable - especially because Firefox is Open-Source - and economical for people to make spyware toolbars for Firefox.

What other post? Thanks! 10,000 is the fun one though
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 03:48 PM   #22
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Finally someone realizes Mozilla sux!!!

it has not blocked any ads on the page, the only thing that i use IE for now is to check for updates. what is the point of letting them onto the computer first before they are deleted, that just gives them a chance to infect your computer, microsoft spyware does not stop spyware from infecting the computer....well properley anyway.

He actually knows much more about computers than my computing teacher does, it is very weird but if i have a problem i go to him instead of going to the computing teacher, the physics teacher has a degree in computing, the IT teacher just has some crappy thing from harlow college and thinks he is the best at computers and everyone knows nothing, arrogant b******!!

whats the point of having activex if it can carry spyware, i dont see the point of usinng an add on that can put spyware onto your computer, it just detects it once it is installed, that can mean that it can install crap on the computer.

i didnt mean that the holes allow spyware, i meant that it makes it easier for viruses to infect the computer and also microsoft does not often do worthwhile updates to IE.
I seem to be debating you on IE vs Firefox on about 5 different threads, i put it on one of the other threads, i still think that firefox is more secure and therefore better than IE.
Mark
__________________

mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:16 PM   #23
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: Finally someone realizes Mozilla sux!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
it has not blocked any ads on the page, the only thing that i use IE for now is to check for updates. what is the point of letting them onto the computer first before they are deleted, that just gives them a chance to infect your computer, microsoft spyware does not stop spyware from infecting the computer....well properley anyway.

There are otherways to get Spyware on your Computer. Believing Firefox will stop it will only last so long and then users will be unprepared and unsuspecting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
whats the point of having activex if it can carry spyware, i dont see the point of usinng an add on that can put spyware onto your computer, it just detects it once it is installed, that can mean that it can install crap on the computer.

Internet Explorer blocks ActiveX being loaded until you allow it. If you do allow it, and its Spyware, AntiSpyware will catch it, and ask you if you want to install it. If you click Allow - it will be your own stupid fault Both catch it before its installed, one blocks it, the other removes it if you failed to realise the threat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark thorpe
i didnt mean that the holes allow spyware, i meant that it makes it easier for viruses to infect the computer and also microsoft does not often do worthwhile updates to IE.
I seem to be debating you on IE vs Firefox on about 5 different threads, i put it on one of the other threads, i still think that firefox is more secure and therefore better than IE.
Mark

Lol; it happens The fun days are when youre debating many difference subjects each more than once will different people on different threads

There are bugs on Firefox. If you seriously believed that you required a browser without bugs you'd get MSN Explorer.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 04:46 PM   #24
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Finally someone realizes Mozilla sux!!!

it works at the moment, i am happy with that!! when it starts to get infested with spyware i will simply run spyware programs, also the adblock feature blocks all the ads, which is where some of the spyware comes from, i dont see the point of having activex if it can install viruses etc on your comp, id like to try to keep as much off of my comp as possible. dunno about you!! the point i am trying to make is that there are more bugs on IE than there are on firefox and for that reason i am using firefox. i personally prefer it because of the lack of spyware that i get on my computer and laptop, i used to have IE on my comp and have spyware all the time, even with the sp2 and antispyware.
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 05:41 PM   #25
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Well I don't know what sites you go on if that's so but they obviously aren't very decent.

Many things have the ability to give Spyware - and we use them because they're good. ActiveX is one of those Web Technologies few people use because its complicated and not easy, to write or host, but its one of the best ways to make great sites and interconnect with your Computer to do those things.

I'm sure when Web-Based Desktop Searching is more widely used, MSN has a Beta Google must be working on something although I haven't seen the ability on their site yet then people with Firefox will be unable to use it - because the only way to search you Desktop from a Browser is with ActiveX Components. Same with Image Uploading tools from Hotmail and MSN Groups and a number of other sites. Miniclip for lack of another low-brow site jumps to mind quickly - as this uses ActiveX on some pages for better use.

Even Real use ActiveX bases in their Gaming System; not blocked by Browsers because it runs it on its own Browser and most of the components are installed when you install the System or Jukebox.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 06:23 PM   #26
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Finally someone realizes Mozilla sux!!!

i go on basically the same sites as i go on when i use IE, a couple of forums and the rest mainly for school work, i dont look at porn if thats what your getting at. all im saying is that since i have been using firefox i have had no spyware at all and i use basically the same sites that i used before i switched. also i find forefox to be much quicker to load pages than IE, this may not be true for you but it certainly makes a difference with my internet. most of the time i am on the internet i am on this forum or a couple of lizard forums, im just trying to say that IE is full of security holes and i believe that it is a bad program, you cannot say that it is not full of holes, well truthfully you cant. i dont use msn anyway so im not really bothered with what it runs on!! why would you want to search your desktop, i try to ensure that i know what i have on my laptop! if your talking about google searches, they are sponcers (2 tired to spell) of firefox because it is the firefox home page. i havnt had any problems with searching from google on firefox, i use it all the time and have never had any problems, also cif it runs on its own browser it is probably more secure than IE, i cannot see any logical reason for using IE for any other reason other than for windows/office update. sorry if that doesnt make sense, i am half asleep!!
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2005, 07:10 PM   #27
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default

Desktop Searches are something Search Engines are doing recently. All are Betas but they work; and will be getting more popular, at least until Operating Systems come up with Searches better and we don't need actual Searches.
__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:06 AM   #28
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Finally someone realizes Mozilla sux!!!

i still dont see why you would need to search your desktop? i keep all my files where i know they are and i just use the explorer if i cant find any files, i suppose it could be useful if you have been silly and put it somewhere you cant find again? did that thing above make sense to you? i am basiclly saying that i visit mainly the same sites that i used to visit and i have found that i have had no spyware at all since i switched to firefox, LK you post like crazy!! you have basiclly done the amount of posts i have done in the last 2 weeks in 1 day!! you should be on 10,000 in about 4 days if you carry on like that!!
mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:16 AM   #29
Fully Optimized
 
technoman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 3,382
Default Re: Finally someone realizes Mozilla sux!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Computergen
Ok im gonna get overpowered but finally someone has found a flaw in mozilla thank god
http://www.infoworld.com/article/05/...llabugs_1.html

but wait theres more

http://astalavista.com/?section=news...ls&newsid=1106


FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!


MOZILLA SUX!
so what do you use then if you don't like FireFox?
__________________
~~~ tEcHnOmAn ~~~
technoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2005, 07:26 AM   #30
Golden Master
 
mark thorpe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 7,366
Send a message via MSN to mark thorpe Send a message via Yahoo to mark thorpe
Default Re: Finally someone realizes Mozilla sux!!!

and also firefox does NOT suck it is much more secure than IE, has less security holes and i have had NO spyware since i swopped to firefox. computergen you are WRONG, firefox is much better than IE and any other browsers, wow, one flaw, what about the hundreds of flaws with IE, one little flaw which can be, and will probably be fixed soon does NOT make it a bad browser.
__________________

mark thorpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0