Finally ordered :) :) :)

Xiggy

Daemon Poster
well i know ive been debating for about a year and my dad just kept disproving me so i finally got stuff coming from newegg

current setup
p4 1.8ghz 400mhz fsb socket 478 256kb l2cache
intel d845hv mobo 3 pc133 ram slots...agp 4x
768mb (3x256) pc133 ram (horribly slow lol)
xfx 7600gs 256mb 128bit agp 8x running at half bandwidth (old mobo)

soon to be here (monday or tonight)
pent d 925 3.0ghz 2x2mb l2cache 800mhz fsb
intel d845sl agp 8x 2 slots for ddr400 dual channel ability
512x2mb corsair value ram dual channel kit ddr400
7600gs 256mb 128bit and now will run at full speed :)

right now on the old version i get an avg of 15fps on bf2142 with maxed out low graphics
should i be getting around 60fps on medium with the new setup possibly? thx!

dont tell me you ordered the pentium D.....shit

you could have got a core 2 duo 6300 or even the 6400 for that price

borat_sagdiyev said:
dont tell me you ordered the pentium D.....shit

you could have got a core 2 duo 6300 or even the 6400 for that price
No, the E6300 is about $50 more. But it would be well worth the $50.

Xiggy said:
well i know ive been debating for about a year and my dad just kept disproving me so i finally got stuff coming from newegg

current setup
p4 1.8ghz 400mhz fsb socket 478 256kb l2cache
intel d845hv mobo 3 pc133 ram slots...agp 4x
768mb (3x256) pc133 ram (horribly slow lol)
xfx 7600gs 256mb 128bit agp 8x running at half bandwidth (old mobo)

soon to be here (monday or tonight)
pent d 925 3.0ghz 2x2mb l2cache 800mhz fsb
intel d845sl agp 8x 2 slots for ddr400 dual channel ability
512x2mb corsair value ram dual channel kit ddr400
7600gs 256mb 128bit and now will run at full speed :)

right now on the old version i get an avg of 15fps on bf2142 with maxed out low graphics
should i be getting around 60fps on medium with the new setup possibly? thx!

i see you were trying to spend as little as possibe to upgrade, not bad, but i would have looked into upgrading to a better future oriented platform. like am2 or lga775 quad core capable mobo.

Well, It's an okay build. The board could be upgraded along with RAM later, and probably the GPU. It's a transition upgrade, but it's going to be faste rthan your old.

You should recieve everything Monday. It's Business days.

yeh man thx guys

and my next build in the future will be from scratch..as in new everything including case etc.

right now i was just trying to stay in my micro atx case..and trust me all the mobo's that are micro atx...go with my agp 8x card..and capable of core 2 duo were piece of crap mobos..also it would have bottlenecked like crazy...right now my card is bottlenecking wiht my old processor...now they will at least be good together....and it should overall run things muchhhhhh better

i need to buy another harddrive though because i only have 1 and its a 20gb one ata100....so maybe i could put xp on the 20gb one..and then put everything else on like a 80gb one which would be sata?...becuase the mobo has sata 1.5gb/s inputs...so are those the same things as sata 3gbs?..just running at 1.5gbs? thx!

lhuser said:
Well, It's an okay build. The board could be upgraded along with RAM later, and probably the GPU. It's a transition upgrade, but it's going to be faste rthan your old.

You should recieve everything Monday. It's Business days.
yeh pretty much...i could get 2x1gb later on...but thats the only upgrade i would get for this...i personally just want to use this computer for a while then later build a very nice rig from scratch peice by peice which will run very good!

as far as you last Question about sata...they are backward compatable...as far as I remember...maybe wait for one more to back me up but im almost positive...

I would put your operating system on your sata drive, that would be alot faster.

Back
Top Bottom