Finally finished - niiko101's RIG

Used to be, but back then, Intel let their processor performance be driven by their marketing department. When they got the stick out of their ass and started designing chips with technology (and not marketing) in mind, I started to pay more attention. They still have a little bit of that stick in their butts (about SATA 6 and USB 3, as well as the number of PCI e lanes on a chipset) but for the most part, they're a whole lot better than they were back then. I've played with the i7 2600k and I WANT one. ;)

Yup. Though why anyone would find a need for it, the 2600k is already god-like.

The only thing that scares me about Intel is their premature chip / board deaths are higher than AMD. I've built AMD for the past decade, never once had a chip die on me, but in the past 6 months, I've experienced two sudden Intel CPU deaths (and a dead mobo with one). Not too happy about that.

yeah i have noticed that also, they seem to just want to get the product out there in a rush, and it scares me knowing that i buy intel stuff, i always wait a good 2 months after the launch to buy nvidia or intel products

Back
Top Bottom