Finally Building A Desktop

BK_123

Golden Master
Hey guys. So I've finally decided to switch to a desktop for my main computer. Got a cheap AMD FX-8320 & Gigabyte motherboard coming hopefully by Friday if not either Monday or Tuesday. Also got a cheap Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB off eBay for $50. Antec case, Corsair PSU and WD HDD to collect later this week. Only thing I've buyed is ram because I already have some spare but may get new ones later. Will get an SSD down the track.

CPU: AMD FX-8320
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3
GPU: GIGABYTE Radeon HD 7870 2GB GHz Edition
HDD: WD 3.5" Blue 1TB
PSU: Corsair VS650 650W
Case: Antec VSK-4000B-U3

Originally I was going an Aerocool case with PSU included but after a bit of research to do with PSU & GPU as the PSU only had one 6 pin connector where the GPU needs two, a lot of people don't recommend using an adapter which led me to change case and PSU.

Cheers. That's exactly what was I aiming to do and not use cheap unreliable brands and I decided not to cheap out on the PSU and a good known brand. Motherboard and CPU still haven't turned up so should be here on Monday or Tuesday.

You oughta change your PSU to Seasonic. :angel:

The VS650 is made by CWT which had a shady past so I don't know if they got their act together.

I had it working on Monday night then yesterday I went to power it on when I got home and it wouldn't go on. Check all the cables and connections. I'm thinking the PSU has died so I'm taking it back today and they'll quickly test it and go from there.

Back
Top Bottom