finally...

bryanf445

Baseband Member
finally...
i jsut got done ordering this:

MSI "K8T NEO2-F" VIA K8T800 Pro Chipset Motherboard for AMD Socket 939 CPU -RETAIL
$100 from monarchcomputers.com

AMD Athlon 64 3200+, 512KB L2 Cache, Socket 939 64-bit Processor - Retail
$166 from monarchcomputers.com

Corsair XMS Extreme Memory Speed Series, (Twin Pack) 184 Pin 1GB(512MBx2) DDR PC-3200 - Retail
$162 from newegg.com

RAIDMAX Black 10-bay Case, Model "268WBP" -RETAIL
$34 from newegg

POWMAX Demon 580W Power Supply, Model "PSDE580" -RETAIL

$36 from newegg

how does this setup look?worthy upgrade from my other specs (p4 2.4 ghz 768mb pc2100 ram) i will be posting later once i get it up and running telling how it runs.

now i will be using all the drives, storage, and my video card in the new rig...im wondering do i jsut have to format my hardrive with my xp cd, then connect my comp and then load windows??i have never built a pc by hand and im just hoping that it wont be hard and that i wont have any troubles...

thanks for any input

the power supply should be a better quality. Get a psu from Antec, OCZ...etc. With a cheap power supply, your whole computer will either 1) random restarts 2) say bye bye to your new comp.

i have a 9800 pro in my system right now....

and about the psu, i got it becuase it had such good reveiws on newegg...now with the system i have right now (p4 2.4 ghz 768 mb pc 2100 ram) my 250 watt psu with 8a on the 12v+ runs perfect with no random restarts...now im pretty sure that the new psu will work fine. i have newver heard of anyone that i know of, about their psu killing their machine...like i said the reviews all gave it 5 starts and that was about 400 some votes too

Back
Top Bottom