Finalizing a build

It's a problem with the server. The thread was started yesterday, but the post date lists it as though it was started in 2001.

Since you probably know exactly what he does with it, and you can justify taking out the GPU for the 940 and the 790GX, I would probably agree with you Joga. And the 790GX will be enough for him I think, it's not as if he's even going to be doing 4-way CF.

Those 9600s are dirt cheap though, great deals.

EDIT: StealthXStream 500W is back in stock.

Alright, suppose I just want an all around good computer, not necessarily just for video editing.

Would it still be worth it to spend the extra 100 bucks to get the faster processor?

I also considered getting the 3.2GHz Athlon X2. In which applications, if any, would it be better to use the X2 than the 2.3ghz Phenom?

If you spend the extra 100 you will have a computer that lasts longer and is faster. Video editing is multi-threaded so a dual-core would not really be sufficient. However a quad-core is overkill for gaming...so far. If you have a quad and a dual that run at the same clocks they would perform equally while gaming.

Back
Top Bottom