Finalizing a build

Before anyone flames me for bringing up an old post I'd like to point out the user join date. Trey is a good friend of mine. He doesn't believe that the build I made him is better than the one listed :p

Trey, just do help you out I'll add the necessary information for other members to evaluate: He'll be using this mostly for video editing and some gaming. He may decide to OC the build. I think his monitor runs 1680x1050 (or 1900x1200?) and he has a budget of $600.

My suggestion is nearly the same as his. I made some changes that would optimize his computer for video editing. I added a Foxconn 790GX/PII 940 BE combo for $323 (there is a Foxconn 790FX/PII 940 BE combo with a $110 discount that comes out at $343 which I've been trying to convince him to get) in place of the Phenom Agena and the ECS motherboard. I also downgraded the 1TB HDD for a 500GB. 1TB is overkill. And I added a Xigmatek HDT-S1283. The total with a graphics card comes out roughly $100 over his budget of $600. However, he could go with the Foxconn 790GX onboard HD3300 and hold out on the graphics card for a bit. He really doesn't need a video card for video editing and he can hold out on the gaming for a bit. I think the extra 700Mhz + OC room he gets with the PII 940 BE will be worth the money. Now it's only a matter of getting a couple of you to agree with me :D *cough* Worshipme *cough*

edit: @Trey - I think if you can stretch the budget by $100 you can have a hell of a nice build.

January 1st, 2002, 02:12 AM #1
treythomas123

This is the oldest post bump i've ever seen. 7 Years. wow.... :D

In the user settings you can change the timezone that the time is displayed in. I'm GMT (London, lisbon etc.) because i live in the UK

If the money is available push up a couple tens on the old GPU. Otherwise it looks great.

Back
Top Bottom