Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 01-16-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer
Default Re: Final Final List!!

The thing is, I already have that fan! http://www.thermaltake.com/dcfans/Co...blue/a2266.htm

So, I have that fan, and then I'll have the fan and heatsink that come with the 3700+

MarxSoccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
Golden Master

Yeah, you'll have both fans.

Old 01-16-2006, 01:11 PM   #13
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to MarxSoccer Send a message via AIM to MarxSoccer Send a message via MSN to MarxSoccer Send a message via Yahoo to MarxSoccer

So I'm asking, should I use the TT one with the heatsink, or the fan that comes with the heatsink?
Old 01-16-2006, 01:25 PM   #14
Golden Master

If you're referring to the AMD heatsink, I would use the stock fan with the stock heatsink. I don't think you would notice much difference if you were to put that thermaltake fan on a stock AMD heatsink. You can use the thermaltake fan and they're own heatsink if you wish.

The question is, how big are the AMD fans? If they're the same size as the thermaltake fans, you could probably mount the fan where the exisitng AMD fan use to be. Don't make this hard on yourself. If you wish to use thermaltake, just use everything (heatsink and the fan). That's the whole point on getting an aftermarket cooler.
Old 01-16-2006, 02:46 PM   #15
BSOD

Alright. I think im good to go with the list in my first post, it is updated I believe. Now there aren't any little adapters or connectors or cables I will need correct, they are all included with the mobo and other parts right?
Old 01-16-2006, 04:49 PM   #16
BSOD

Eh? ^^^ (Only about 2 hours now and I need to know! =x)
Old 01-16-2006, 05:39 PM   #17
BSOD

Send a message via AIM to pinky4life623

where did u get that fan..it looks nice..i might wanna get it for my processer
pinky4life623 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #18
BSOD

I won it in a raffle, just search on TT's site..

But does the list in my first post cover everything?Everything except the case and video card. I don't need to get any other cables, connectors, adapters..?
Old 01-16-2006, 06:52 PM   #19
BSOD

Bump!!!

About to order, just need verification this is everything, and it will all work!!

Add a floppy drive to the list, just remembered that. I don't think I can screw that up though haha
Old 01-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #20
BSOD

Alright, had a chat with a few on MSN so I'm good to go, got everything ordered. You guys DO know that it's gonna be hell when I get this thing, right? :-\