Final decision on video card

Everendless

In Runtime
I wanted an EVGA 480, but I thought about it, and I dont wanna spend that much money. I came down to the decision to get an ATI HD 5870. Which one should I get? These two are ones that appeal to me:

SAPPHIRE 100281-3SR Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card w/ Eyefinity

XFX HD-587X-ZNFV Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB 256-bit DDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card

The first one has eyefinity, and is only $25 more. But im not so sure.

Heres a list of all the 5870's.

EDIT: I also found this, which has the XFX card in a combo with an XFX power supply. You tell me what you think I should get. Im aiming for no more than $400.

I would go with the Sapphire. Eyefinity is pretty amazing. Then again, it's your choice.

"I wanted an EVGA 480, but I thought about it, and I dont wanna spend that much money."

Thats still alot of money, Lol. if you plan on spending that much than get the gtx480 you can get the MSI brand for $450 and with the mail-in rebate its $420.Ive seen benchmarks to where it takes two 5870's to be on level with the gtx480. its a very good card for the money.

An EVGA 480 is $480. I'd want a 480 that has a good warranty and isnt trash. If I did get a 480, which one would be the best, for the lowest price possible?

List of 480's.

An EVGA 480 is $480. I'd want a 480 that has a good warranty and isnt trash. If I did get a 480, which one would be the best, for the lowest price possible?

List of 480's.

"Trash",Lol. There all the same except for warranty/software that comes with it.The only reason that others cost more is because of there name.Trust, MSI is far from trash.The only reason i suggested the MSI gtx480 is because it was around the original price that you had.But seen what you said, if you get the gtx480 you want the best all around which would be the EVGA SuperClocked Version (If you plan not to OC yourself) which is here- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130558 .

Hope this helps,GL.

Back
Top Bottom