Default final build does it work

video card

MOBO or this MOBO

Case

HDD

PSU

CPU

RamX2

If there is a better mobo please let me know.

in your opinion is it worthwhile to go for tri channel ram? if so can you direct me to a mobo that accepts it and some ram.

truesony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:14 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: final build does it work

I'd take the Crosshair mobo, as it sounds like a gamer's PC. Tri-channel RAM is for Intel PC only, and you don't get that much of a difference.

Now...my complain is the GPU. Why in the mother of lord do you need 6 mini-display ports? I don't even know about a screen supporting that connection.

Get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150506

This will suit your needs and keep yourself at a standard level as it comes for screen connectors.

lhuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:28 PM   #3
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lhuser View Post

Get this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814150506

This will suit your needs and keep yourself at a standard level as it comes for screen connectors.
OK so i see what you are saying but i do want a 5970 card unless the 6870 is better which i dont think it is. now from my understanding if i got two 6870's and used crossfire i would only be allowed to use one monitor. the 5970 i posted is a beast no doubt about it. i am not buying it so that i can specifically use 6 monitors, i understand it is the best video card available and will be one of the best for quite a while or be up with the best of cards. i dont want to spend 500 dollars on a card that will be outdated in 3 months. i do plan on using up too 6 minimum 3 monitors as i do video, graphic and audio design/editing a lot! the 6 monitors is a little excessive, the avg 5970 will support 3 monitors i think...
Old 10-26-2010, 09:32 PM   #4
Golden Master

If you plan having 3 monitors and up, then that's fine, but don't believe that spending that much money means that you'll be safe for decades. Sure, it will last you a while, but like I said, it looked like you were going for performance, so that's why I chose the 6870. I haven't read much about it yet, but again, I thought it was for a gaming system.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:35 PM   #5
Baseband Member

it is for a gaming pc...mainly but i do do a lot of the other things. if i do get two 6870's will it come close to the second 5970 i posted?

Old 10-26-2010, 10:50 PM   #6
Golden Master

Actually, I'm an idiot...looks like the 6870 is below the 5970...looks like the 5970 is the best bet for now. I don't know how the 6970 will perform, but you'r better keeping the 5970.
If you plan up to 6 monitors, keep the one selected, but if you plan up to 3 monitors, or can survive with 3 only, then this will save you a good grand:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...-887-_-Product