File transfer problems

blac_vi

Solid State Member
I just got a new computer today, and I'm trying to transfer files from the old hard drive to my new computer, but it isn't working too well. I connected my old hard drive to the new computer, and that worked out fine, but when I tried to transfer the files, it said access denied. I figured out that my files were encrypted, but I can't decrypt them even on my old computer. I know encryption is supposed to prevent exactly this, but does anyone have any info on how to get around this or if there's another method?

I suppose your new comp is under xp, then click start, help and in the help console type file trasfer wizard, and happy reading...

The encrypted files still won't transfer... If anyone has information about recovering encrypted files, I'd be happy to know about it. There's some stuff in the windows help and support (believe it or not), but seems a bit complicated.

You will have to replace the drive back into the old computer or purchase a file recovery program that deals in lost encrypted files.
The encryption is based on the old computer and the operating system that was used during encryption. Even if you managed to get the files transfered, you would never be able to read them, as the new machine wouldn't know as to what encryption was used to code them anyway.
The last option you have is to just forget about them and reformat.

Back
Top Bottom