Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 06-08-2004, 04:14 PM   #1
Daemon Poster

Send a message via MSN to jay8990
Default File Transfer??#

Hi im trying to send my girlfriend a .exe file but i cant do it through hotmail or that. i dont want to use an IM. shit pushed enter by accident! anyway continuing i dont wana use an IM i just want her to b able to get the file. i tryed using makin a geocities website but it dont accept .exe fiiles either. my ftp server down so i cant post it on my website, anyone know what i can do snail mail outa way to cause it slow and she lives quite a distance away now!

jay8990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2004, 08:17 PM   #2
Guru

Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: File Transfer??#

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8990
Hi im trying to send my girlfriend a .exe file but i cant do it through hotmail or that. i dont want to use an IM. shit pushed enter by accident! anyway continuing i dont wana use an IM i just want her to b able to get the file. i tryed using makin a geocities website but it dont accept .exe fiiles either. my ftp server down so i cant post it on my website, anyone know what i can do snail mail outa way to cause it slow and she lives quite a distance away now!
Put it on a zip and send through e-mail?

Old 06-09-2004, 12:02 AM   #3
In Runtime

Default Free Yahoo Box

Yahoo's mail allows attachments and its free-zipping it for reduced size is a good idea though. Most mail attachments have size limits.
Old 06-09-2004, 12:49 PM   #4
Guru

Default Re: Free Yahoo Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Graefen
Yahoo's mail allows attachments and its free-zipping it for reduced size is a good idea though. Most mail attachments have size limits.
Haha! Maybe you should have been called Mr. Yahoo? The other things won't send it because its an Executable File and could be a Virus; its only safe. Everybody allows attachments; not only Yahoo (dbuh).
Old 06-09-2004, 09:27 PM   #5
In Runtime

Default You are getting on my nerves

Ya know Kalthorn I hate Know it alls that don't know crap and then go out of there way to talk crap to people who are trying in a genuine way to help people. Your know dahs don't help newbies and only serve to irrate and make you look like a jackass. I don't care about your personal preferences, your splendid grammer and spelling or your idiotic comments.
Take a flying leap and land on a pile of glass.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:49 PM   #6
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay8990
I answered this somewhere.Did you post it again ?
How big is this exe ? Have you heard of Winzip ?
Have you heard of icq.com(lite)

I think i suggested that you put it on a floppy or cd and drop by her place sometime.You do that dont you ?
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 10:52 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

Send a message via AIM to rakedog

Haha bluto

I personally use yahoo....cuz I dunno....I just like it i guess
rakedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2004, 11:09 PM   #8
BSOD

Send a message via ICQ to bluto

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakedog
Haha bluto

I personally use yahoo....cuz I dunno....I just like it i guess
What the hell does that have to do with it? Your lucky to send any attachment via yahoo.
See ya later.
bluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 08:09 AM   #9
In Runtime

Send a message via MSN to killerdoberman Send a message via Yahoo to killerdoberman

You cannot use IM for transfer files unless you KNOW that either computer is not through a router.

If a router is in the way, then a specific port needs to be open. However, opening a port also is an unsafe way to use your computer.

There are different ports that can be opened and routers are different.

I have one port open that allows my game server to accessed directly. I also have a firewall to look for unsual activity.

Routers and ports are meant to keep out the unwanted, but the bad side is that it also keeps out people that you may not want to keep out.

P.S. The router may not be at the end users, it may also be at the ISP location.
killerdoberman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2004, 01:19 PM   #10
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluto
I answered this somewhere.Did you post it again ?
How big is this exe ? Have you heard of Winzip ?
Have you heard of icq.com(lite)

I think i suggested that you put it on a floppy or cd and drop by her place sometime.You do that dont you ?
He's probably taken our advise and not told us that its worked; its damned annoying when they don't reply!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Graefen
Ya know Kalthorn I hate Know it alls that don't know crap and then go out of there way to talk crap to people who are trying in a genuine way to help people. Your know dahs don't help newbies and only serve to irrate and make you look like a jackass. I don't care about your personal preferences, your splendid grammer and spelling or your idiotic comments.
Take a flying leap and land on a pile of glass.
I can't help it if I'm right can I?

Dah? I don't make spelling mistakes that often therefore my Yahoo (dbuh) does not mean Duh - it means Dbuh which if they taught you anything at school is a witty insinuation of Pbuh which means Peace be upon him and is used my Muslims to refer to Muhammid. Dbuh by obvious thought means Death be upon him refering to Yahoo.

Only people who use words such as, and I only take a brief description of your stupid words when I say, Crap and Jackass.

Good for you; my grammar and spelling are far from splendid - its only splendid compared to your grammar and spelling. Hehe! How kind of you.

Lol; thats a good one I'll have to remmember it next time I want to insult any of my pets.

Nah; you're a nice person. I'm sure Yahoo has its ups as well as its downs - I just like to crack a joke from time to time to make it a more happy and laid back place. What was it you do again? No hard feelings, eh?