Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 09-02-2004, 08:53 AM   #1
Beta Member
Default file storage from public computer ????

I'm hoping you can help me, I'm not lucky enough at this time to be able to have a p.c at my home. I've been using the local library (which is only across the road) to access the internet. I find the email facility most usefull and obviously I can access this forum.
The problem I have is that I can't save anything for future reference. These computers will not allow me to download anything which would be of use in setting up an internet based storage facility such as the www.idrive.com that I've just been looking at.
Can anyone think of a simple way to store information somewhere online, hopefully that requires minimal registration, maybe I could copy and paste stuff into it.
What about going into my hotmail email account and emailing myself ? - does that make any sence or is there something I'm missing ?

Many thanks - Sharon

iambirdnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2004, 10:44 AM   #2
Site Team
Default Re: file storage from public computer ????

the p[roblem with uploading anything to an online store is it has to come from the local computer first.

but yes emailing it to yourself, or using something like the Yahoo briefcase would be a good bet.

root is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 12:22 PM   #3
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn

Or purchasing a Hosting Package; you can get probably more than 500Megs on the Internet now for a tiny amount of money per month - and if its just for storage then Bandwidth and server options won't matter.
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote