Few quick questions...

Well..after checking out a few things out..and I ended up getting the GeForce 6800GT Overclocked card opposed to the X800XL...for 2 reasons..The XL was PCI-Express(I have AGP) and I heard it sucked from the guy i got it off of compared to the 6800GTOC. Although it was a 100 dollars more..its deffinately worth it..I can run americas army on the highest settings, and it runs beauitifully with no video lag. Thanks a lot guys for your help.

spank_fusion said:
Just look inside to see how many sticks of RAM you have. If there's one, then you have one 512MB stick. If there are two, they are two 256MB. Also if there are two, you won't be able to use dual channel. In order to use dual channel, you have to have two sticks of RAM that are the same size and speed. If you still wanted to do dual channel, you'd have to get rid of the two 256MB and get two 512MB.

I actually had 1 stick of 512, but 3 slots. So insted of getting a double upgrade to a gig, i went with 3 sticks of 512 which is awsome.

Kewl :D I'm glad you enjoy that card, the 6800GT is a great card, especially if you overclock it or if its pre-clocked. If its BFG or something that auto overclocks it, you could probably even push it a bit more if you wanted using Coolbits, though be careful.

You probably wouldn't have to bother though :p

yea its a great card i love it...Im going to push her as much as i can..especially sence it comes with a lifetime warrenty

Back
Top Bottom