Few Questions on Water Cooling

Tattered Wings

Baseband Member
Currently workin on a new pc (should be done very early spring) and ive decided to go with water cooling. First off im of course gonna cool the cpu and im gonna get a waterblock for my 4850. Alright so questions... Would a single 120mm radiator be adequite for my cpu and 4850 or would a larger radiator be needed (ill be overclocking quite a bit). I also might add either a NB waterbock or one for my second 4850, depends on when i get it. Ive also got a little confusion on the best flow chart. I was thinking PUMP>RADIATOR>CPU>GPU>RESERVOIR>PUMP since it would hit the radiator right b4 the blocks for best cooling but i relly have no idea...
Please dont post on here "just get a zalman and a buncha case fans its just as good" cuz idc and i hate noise.

I'd go with a 360MM radiator at least.

If I were water cooling then i'd mount the 360MM Radiator in the bottom of the case. The Pump would go at the lower front of the case with the Reservoir at the top inside the case.

Flow wise? Reservoir > Pump > Radiator > Water-block > Reservoir.

Thanks for the help, 360mm culd get it done im sure 0.0. I actually have plans for a custom reservoir on top of my case.

what kinda case do you have? i dont think just a single will do very well on your CPU AND your 4850. im thinking a 120mm triple if you can fit it. if not then i would go double at the very least

No worries.

The radiator at the bottom ensures that the coolest air in the room, cold at the bottom - hot at the top, flows through the radiator. You'd have to ensure that the case has enough clearance underneath it for air to flow easily through the radiator.

The cold liquid from the radiator reaches the waterblocks. This hot water flows back to the reservoir. The hot water is pumped from the reservoir back to the radiator where it's cooled ready for the water blocks.

Use large bore piping with a decent pump.

Enermax Chakra, its on the small side I dont see a triple fitting but im pretty sure i culd get a double in there easily. Yea im puttin the reservoir outside the pc to keep it all coooool.

Back
Top Bottom