Few questions about xp

jguitarp00

Baseband Member
I currently rebooted a computer from a friend of mine. His computer is a HP pavilion. He did not have any of the software that came with the computer. I recet smos and I was able to use my Dell installation cd. Now XP is currently on his computer. Since the cd was from dell i cant install the rest of the drivers from the other dell cd's.
1. Is there anywhere I can get these drivers to be installed into this comuter such as sound drivers.
2.I have an office 200 cd that someone gave me a long time ago, I was able to boot from this cd. Now when I put the cd into the computer all it does is just install word and excell. Is there a was I could just do a fresh install with Office? Or is it going to recognize Xp and not accept the downgrade??

All this may sound confusing. If it is that bad please let me in a nice manner.

Thanks
Jp

Dell operating system cd's are custom written for dell machines. Need to get a xp cd and start over. And no the key for the dell will not work with other copies of xp.

1/. The HP website

2/. Uninstall and reinstall office

Your terminology is confusing, Office 2K disks are not bootable. I presume you mean they auto run and install, during the Office installation Wizard you will be given the choice of which programmes to install.

jguitarp00 said:
......... If it is that bad please let me in a nice manner.

Thanks
Jp
I mean this "in the nicest possible way" (aka Kenny Everett [for those in the know] ;) ) I really think you have no idea.

Did you activate this Windows install yet? ( the Dell disk on the HP pc)

Yes I did activate the dell cd on the hp already.

I was trying to boot the wrong cd the whole time. lol

I found the cd I was looking for Windows 2000. For some reason I thought that the office cd was it. Sorry for all the confusion and thanks for all your help

Back
Top Bottom