few questions about Newegg RMA
So my friend bought an Asus board from newegg, and when he got it, he put everything together, and when he turned it on, no post, then he reseated everything to make sure everything was correct, and it still wouldnt post.
He then filed an RMA (DOA) for a refund, and newegg waived the shipping and restocking fee, and shipped it out.
now i have a few questions
1. Now, when newegg receives the item, how do they inspect it?
2. do they just check if everything looks normal and has everything in it, ie cables, then gives the thumbs up for the refund?
3. or do they hook it up together and see if it works or not?
4. If they see if it works, and they hooked up everything, and somehow it works, would they ship the board back to him and charge him?
5. or do they still accept it and just charge him the restocking fee?
Thanks in advance
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit