A few questions about a new video card.

Goratrixx

Beta member
Hello. Recently, I have been getting more interested in my computer's specs and whatnot.

After a little bit of research, I found out that the only thing that is really sub par (From what I can tell) is my video card, which is an ATI Radeon HD 3450, which has been working just fine so far, but with all the newer, more graphic intesive games that I've been getting interested in, I think it's time for an upgrade.

I've heard that the Nvidia GeForce GTS 450 is a good upgrade from what I have, but my budget is fairly limited (Around $200, though I'm hoping to spend less than that) and I've been told that the price is around my budget limit.
Can anyone suggest a reasonable upgrade from what I have that fits my price range?

Thanks in advance.

Because I think that someone might ask, my specs are from what I can gather:

Intel Core2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 4.00 GB
Just under 600 GB of total harddrive space (586, or right around there)
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 3450
Sound Card: Realtek HD Audio (Not sure if there's anything else that should be there)
The manufacturer is Dell, model is Inspiron 518, and the system type is on a 64-bit OS
And if age of the computer matters, I've had it for about 3 or so years, haven't upgraded or changed anything yet.

As a side note/question, are my specs reasonable?

If I missed anything that might be important, yet me know and I'll try to find it.

Heading to bed right after posting this, so I wont be on to check it for at least 7-10 hours.

If you want to know the exact specs of your system, download Speccy - System Information - Free Download and install that. :)

I also approve of the video card choice. Defintely check to see what your power supply is first however, it should have a label on it. Find out what the max wattage is (for general reference) and then look for +12v stats, and see how many amps you're getting on it.

Back
Top Bottom