a few questions about my old comp

mlitz222

Baseband Member
so i am starting to run out of HD space on my older computer and need to put another HD in it but i only have 2 SATA plugs one is taken by my dvd drive the other is taken by my sec HD (main one with windows on it is IDE :D ) and i was wondering in the PCI to SATA cards are any good do they slow the HD down at all? what should i look out for.

second i am planing on using this as my sever soon because it is getting to the point if i ever want to game with it i would have to kill my self :eek: so i want to pug this in to my TV because i have a lot of AVI movie files and am having the hardest time trying to burn them to CDs so i just want to watch them through my TV coming from my computer. so i am looking for some sort of video card that is AGP (< it think that is what it is called) to watch stuff on my TV with out having to worry about any resolution problems.

thanks and sorry for the long read :)

I doubt that you'll need a new video card- onboard should be fine/the AGP card you have already.

However, I do need to know if you have a VGA port, a DVI port, a S-Video port, etc. (on your computer) and I need to know what you have on you TV...I'm guessing component/HDMI?

i have on my video card VGA, DVI and S-video and on my TY i have HDMI, compont, S-video and the regular yellow hole

no what about resolution i have hooked up s-video before and the picture was crap will my movies end up looking bad?

no what about resolution i have hooked up s-video before and the picture was crap will my movies end up looking bad?

With S-video, your limited to a resolution of about 352 X 480...so it was extremely low rez. HDMI will solve this problem. But make sure your graphics card/onboard graphics supports a resolution of 720p/1080p or higher (don't know the specs of your tv)

Back
Top Bottom