It works pretty well:
Its not free though, but it is very good, since it allows you to set delays, and have more control over start up procedures.
* Manage all the windows startup programs located anywhere: in the registry, in the windows startup folders or in the win.ini file.
* Get the information about startup programs, run and stop them.
* Optimize the system boot time and memory usage.
* Enhance your system environment - start several programs with one click, trace starts of other programs.
* Trace the startup process and get the information about any changes in it.
* Start any applications, documents or web pages at startup.
* Temporary disable windows autostarted applications
* Backup startup configuration into *.reg. file and easy restore them without any startup manager!
* Other system users startup configuration accessible to view and edit.
* Enjoy a user-friendly interface - with the drag and drop support, start and stop functions and a smart undo interface.
* Options easy and safe to modify due to contents hints.
* Clipboard support added.
* Viruses and spyware decetor to remove harmful programs.
* Update program database from Internet.
* Get info about program from Internet function.
* Freeze startup configuration to use one stable configuration.
* Create link at desktop function added.
* Publish list of startup program into html list.
* Warning - "File not exists".
* Description of startup registry items.
* Highlighting new programs in list.
-> * Start a program on certain days, at certain time, with a necessary delay.
* Start applications after a certain program.
* Start applications after a dialup Internet connection is established.
* Control any startups by pressing only one key!
* Delay and controlled startup for all scheduled items!
* Help system for newbies and pro online.