Faulty PSU Fan

eunice1

In Runtime
hi guys.. it started yesterday morning when i turned on my PC, i heard a noise coming from my PSU. then when i turned it on again last night, the noise was gone and the PC ran a bit slower than the usual. i thought everything was back to normal until this morning, because i heard again the noise. what could be the problem? could it be my PSU fan? and if it is my PSU fan, could it also damage my motherboard and other PC parts?

thanks in advance.

It could be the PSU fan what type of noise is though? A sratchy sound or what? If it is your ps fan then it can damage the whole computer if it overheats and starts flaming but that is unlikely but still if the fan is damaged you should get a new one because that can happen. It might of run slower because the PC wasn't getting enough power so it ran slower if so then your PSU is definetly damaged but that might not be the cause.

yes, it is a scrachy noise.. so while the PSU is not flaming yet, it can't damage the whole computer? was that right? thanks for the reply... =)

Back
Top Bottom