Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 11-30-2006, 03:52 AM   #11
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Faulty pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
And your point is? ......... you've got a shit system and you're getting ripped off?? If I was presented with that bullshit when I tried to return a plainly defective item that is a week old I would certainly contact Toshiba direct and/or the "Fair Trading Dept" or what ever your local equivalent may be
no, my point was that shops may replace the item even if the manufacturer doesn't.
__________________

__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:30 AM   #12
BSOD
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 329
Default Re: Faulty pixels

OK, I must have misinterpreted your post then, I'm all for good product support.

My point was that the manufacturers provide their distributors with a warranty definition and shops that renege on this (or modify it to suit themselves) are just plain in the wrong.

I'd still like to see the screenies from the OP though as a matter of interest.
__________________

DILLIGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 04:44 AM   #13
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Faulty pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
My point was that the manufacturers provide their distributors with a warranty definition and shops that renege on this (or modify it to suit themselves) are just plain in the wrong..
Almost all shops give a shorter amount of warranty than the manufacturer. Like my ram for example, the shop gave it a 2 year warranty, and kingston gives it a lifetime warranty. And I don't know if it's common for shops to replace the item even if the manufacturer doesn't, because then the shop ends up paying for the new item. But some shops do this, because it's great customer service, which leads to people going to buy their stuff from that shop again. Of course depends on the situation, if you like oc too much and brake your mobo they won't give you a new one, because it was your own stupidity. (and yes, most of the time they can tell if you have oc'd it, and oc'ing voids warranty)
__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 05:01 AM   #14
BSOD
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 329
Default Re: Faulty pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
Almost all shops give a shorter amount of warranty than the manufacturer. Like my ram for example, the shop gave it a 2 year warranty, and kingston gives it a lifetime warranty.
In that instance I would RMA direct to the manufacturer and see how the vendor handles the heat with regard to their future rights to distributorship
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
...... But some shops do this, because it's great customer service, which leads to people going to buy their stuff from that shop again.
An irresponsible business management plan (to a degree) backed up by good PR, it's worth a lot. I always say to my customers "If you're not happy tell me, if you're happy tell everyone"
Quote:
Originally Posted by mammikoura
Of course depends on the situation, if you like oc too much and brake your mobo they won't give you a new one, because it was your own stupidity. (and yes, most of the time they can tell if you have oc'd it, and oc'ing voids warranty)
That's ocing for you, you know the risks when you do it, that said, a lot of manufacturers still honour the warranty.
DILLIGAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2006, 06:13 AM   #15
Golden Master
 
mammikoura's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 7,459
Send a message via MSN to mammikoura
Default Re: Faulty pixels

Quote:
Originally Posted by DILLIGAF
That's ocing for you, you know the risks when you do it, that said, a lot of manufacturers still honour the warranty.
yeah, though it's weird that still they give you a new product even if they knew you broke it by oc'ing, or then they just don't know it everytime. 1 of my friends fried his mobo when oc'ing (yep, he was a noob ) and he did get a new one. But then another friend who works at a pc store said that they had a customer who came complaining that his mobo didn't work, they checked (or was it the manufacturer, can't remember) the error codes and saw that it had been oc'd. The manufacturer didn't send a new mobo, and the shop owned didn't want to buy him a new mobo either so he ended up with a broken mobo.
__________________

__________________
0_o
mammikoura is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0