FATAL1TY or not?

The_Other_One

Daemon Poster
OK, I'm buying this system, but just wondering something... Should I get the FATAL1TY version of the AN8, or just the default? ATM, I can't find much that'll make me want it. I'm not too concerned about the looks(as it has the colors and LEDs) And...that's about the only difference. It apparently as the NF4 ultra, but is there any major difference in the plain 'ol NF4? Worth...what...$60 more?

It depends.
As you probably know FATAL1TY products are for the overclockers out there, and for people who want to be able to do loads with them.

If you want to just use it as standard, there is no real point with one of his boards. Though your sure your getting a good one as he expects the best in all hardware.
I for one, probably wouldn't be too bothered with his word.

Ah...well I don't plan to OC that much, if any at all... I just want a good solid board that'll perform great stock

I wouldn't expect much of a performance boost anyway. If its much more money, i definetly wouldn't bother. Those coloured L.E.D's and fans are probably all hes added to it :p

Yeah, I'm sure the original AN8 would be perfect with stock anyway.

DFI's are good. Do you want SLI? The fatal1ty is not the best for OC'ign but not the worst. Some people didn't love them from what i have heard.

Imagine FATAL1TY to be the computer equivilent of Jamie Oliver, and you get the picture.

jack22 said:
DFI's are good. Do you want SLI? The fatal1ty is not the best for OC'ign but not the worst. Some people didn't love them from what i have heard.

DFI's can OC, but they suck when it comes to manufacturing. IMO they're getting better :)

The_Other_One said:
OK, I'm buying this system, but just wondering something... Should I get the FATAL1TY version of the AN8, or just the default? ATM, I can't find much that'll make me want it. I'm not too concerned about the looks(as it has the colors and LEDs) And...that's about the only difference. It apparently as the NF4 ultra, but is there any major difference in the plain 'ol NF4? Worth...what...$60 more?

If you're having doubts about the Fatality board, then going with your instincts is best.

I like this one:

MSI "K8N Neo4 Platinum" NVIDIA nForce4 Ultra
http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=13-130-484&depa=1

Price is good and not as high as the Fatality.

Forget about the people on Newegg saying the Northbridge fan is loud. What a bunch of babies complaining over a teenie little fan, sheeshhh. What do they expect? It runs hot and needs cooling. The more fans you add, the louder it gets. If those people complaing at newegg about the little Northbridge fans being too loud, replace it then. Those little fan noises don't bother me.

Haha, my computer as a whole is loud (says my parents...) but I just pump up the music or play some games, and I don't even notice it! :D

Back
Top Bottom