The fastest laptop is....a Dell?!

I never said Dell had it...I was just saying that they have that now. It's not only IBM Thinkpads either...I think.

If I ever was to buy a laptop. I'd get somthing I wouldnt go gamign. I'd go so I can do work on it. And Laptops are kinda unneccessary. You give em 3k and i'll build a top of the line desktop that owns even the good name brands like Ailen Ware silly. You know dell has those pcs for 499. I wouldn't pay 200 for them. Cause I could build them for just as much. But then again a dell would be for sombody that doesn't know much that just wants to exp. I would consider dell a entry level computer. For you to get a feel of the whole deal and all. But reallly once you get on the fourms you should of passed the stage of "dells". I admit their deals are tempting and their marketing scheme are brillant. But why buy a dell when you can build your own? And who the hell needs 2 GBs of ram in a freaking laptop. I have a laptop. Its piece of shit. But it connects to the internet and does chat alright and I have a few old games to accompy me when i'm on a trip. But I don't see a point in spending 3k for a gaming laptop. And its not the power issue. Your talking about taking the power from a big old case and stuffing it into a small area. You gotta shrink it and it has to be a extermely good job. Personnely I feel laptops should be used to stay in contact and do basic things. When you get to doing adv shit. You should use desktop. And IDC what kinda new techs come out for laptops. Desktops will always be better and cheaper then laptops. I don't see a need to spend such a large amount of money on a computer that is meant to be traveled with.

I looked at soem of the prices on the cutmizeable pages. The 2GB ram is costs more then all my upgrades cost combined. a 2.2 GHz INTEL! processor is a estra 399. My processor is 1.8 GHz for about 150. And its a AMD.100 GB HD is 299. Video card is wicked though. 256 MB Geforce 6800 Ultra,. But thats still $$$. But still 750$ for 2GBs of ram to me sounds silly.

Why would you want 2gb of RAM in the first place?! Stop stating the obvious. :rolleyes:

99nasha said:
Surely a pentium M isnt that good??

Pentium M's are most likely the best processors Intel has ever come out with. They have low-power consumption, and offer the same performance as a Pentium 4 that is clocked higher. Don't underestimate the Pentium M by it's clock speed. The Banias core (I think that's what it's called) is a marvel of computing technology. Even though the AMD Turion has been released, it will be sometime before AMD will catch up to Intel with a processor to completely oust the Pentium M from it's well earned position in the Mobile Computing market. Intel is even thinking of making the Pentium M into dual-core...this could get interesting.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/news/mobile/display/20050411010317.html

Ya I'm looking at an Acer Extensa for under Aus$1000.00, this will do me for the the times when I travel long distances on trains etc..

Back
Top Bottom