Which is Faster???

killthenakedcat

In Runtime
Running a split cable line to cable modem...like having cable line for TV split using a splitter and running that same line to the computer or running a cat6 cable direct from router in next room to the computer...it is a good router better than a linksys....I just want to know if I should buy a new modem...because mine broke or just run off the router we have..any comments?

Not sure about some of what you are asking. But as for the routers, I prefer Hawking over anything, with D-link behind them. Their quality of routers is just as good as Linksys' from my experiance, but their setup layout is much better.

which will give me a faster connection...a split direct cable line, or running direct from a router using a cat6 cable?

You may a slight loss going from modem, router, then computer, but not enough to even notice. None that I have seen at least on my setup.

So I guess that the absolutely fastest connection would be straight from the modem to your computer.

if u have a cable wire coming into the house and its on a 5 way splitter and one of those is for a modem it would slow it down cuz the splitter WILL cut the quality of the incoming signal by a bit

When i got Fios The person who came to install it said that u should get another splitter (2 way) and attach it to the modem so less quality will b lost

So i would get a splitter (2 way) and split the MAIN cable that comes into the house with that and have the splited wire go straight to the modem and the other to the splitters

Main wire----->-----Modem
Spliter=> >---------------5 way spliter >>>>>>TVS

(ALSO to some FIOS ppl and ppl who want it In the comerical they say "Bring Fiber Optics straight to ur home"(NOT THRU OUT THE HOME) More money to line the house with the wire but MIGHT B WORTH IT donno)

Back
Top Bottom