Farcry making me cry

CoMpUtaFrEek

Fully Optimized
Farcry keeps seizing up and being laggy, even playing it offline.

I have suspicions it may be my graphics card needing upgrading?

Can anyone shed some light on this situation, check my signature for computer specs.

Thanks,

J

I have answered this question about 4 times now.

Search this site for FarCry and CRYEngine and you will get your answer.

I've found some stuff about AA and Anti Alising etc. ill see if that works.

My graphics card drivers are the latest.

J

Erm; well it works on mine in Medium in caves and High outside - I don't know about cards below that but I know mine is pretty cheap.

I know Anti-Aliasing takes a lot of power; what setting are you running under?

my lord, im running EVERYTHING on lowest setting, i think AA is off or set at 1, and still i get joggyness but usually only in places where it has to load up multiple planes helis etc. I'm going to reinstall graphics card drivers, not sure what else :/

My CPU is now running nicely overclocked at 60oC max... usually 43oC idle, so i doubt its a heat problem.

I really am stumped i would have thought my specs. could run it at lowest?

I imagine its the card then; my friend only has a 2600+ and Far Cry works on his with Medium/High with an ATi 9600.

I don't know how much cards are; last time I priced up cards was July last year so my knowledge on it is a little outdated. But I know it won't be that expensive to get FarCry working at Low or even Medium.

is a 9200 series good? that's the one I finally installed, the 9800 was to pricey...I play rainbow six: raven shield at high settings and it worked likea charm.. very smooth

There's a patch for Far Cry coming out any day now that may fix your problem. Also , some 9800 owners have been notincing the same thing, maybe a memory upgrade to 1Gig is in order if the patch doesn't sort it.

Back
Top Bottom