Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-12-2006, 01:03 PM   #11
Fully Optimized

Default Re: FarCry Instincts Predator (Xbox 360) vs. FarCry (PC) Water Comparisons

I'm sure it is! I'm just further pointing to the fact that, in all honestly, videogames = waste. But, for a waste, it sure is fun!

Jamxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:51 AM   #12
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to alvino
Default Re: FarCry Instincts Predator (Xbox 360) vs. FarCry (PC) Water Comparisons

Well it's fun, and that's all that matters to me.

alvino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 04:36 AM   #13
Golden Master

Send a message via MSN to Kage

Wow... now thats awsome I didn't expect it to look THAT good.

Is it just me, or does the surround area on the Xbox 360 look better too? Even his hand...

And id Direct X 10 is now being produced. What does the Xbox 360 have capabilities to reach? 9 or 10 you think? Depending on what type of effects it uses?
Old 02-13-2006, 05:32 AM   #14
BSOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvino
It proves that the Xbox 360 can do things the PC can't. Not all the time, but sometimes there's those things that something can do better than the rest. This is that time.
You do realize the xbox, ps2, and gamecube are all PC's right? Same applies for all other futuristic consoles. They're just overprices PC's with limited capabilites.
HRHunteRHR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 12:12 PM   #15
Golden Master

Yeah, but the latest ones at the moment should have more capabilities in the graphics department. If the game is just being built for one platform, theres no barrier like with PC's to produce something that'll run on all average computers.

i've never seen that good water in a game before, and I thought Half life 2's was impressive...
Old 02-13-2006, 01:01 PM   #16
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Well, the water in half-life 2 is very impressive for it's time, over a year ago now.

Halo1 on xbox was VERY impressive for it's time. hell, a lot of games are.

When xbox1 came out, it tore my PC to shreds, and it wasn't until about 2005 that I got a pc that could beat it.

So all you console gamers can have your glory once more, but just remember, PC hardware will catch up, and eventually use the 360 as a door mat.

This happened to the xbox rather quickly... but with how overkill the 360 is.. it will probably take way more time for this to happen again.
MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2006, 01:56 PM   #17
Golden Master

Yeah I agree PC will catch up, though yeah, not as fast as with the Xbox.

Even if PC's had the same power though. You'd still have the problem of developers not making the graphics as good since its got to work on a number of computers (though settings do help)

Thats something on consoles, developers dont have to worry about.
Old 02-13-2006, 05:13 PM   #18
Golden Master

Send a message via AIM to MikeReiner Send a message via MSN to MikeReiner Send a message via Yahoo to MikeReiner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kage
You'd still have the problem of developers not making the graphics as good since its got to work on a number of computers (though settings do help)

Thats something on consoles, developers dont have to worry about.
...And therein lies the advantage of the console...

to be honest, all that stops me from getting my grubby hands on a 360 is the lack of REAL mouse+keyboard support...after all these years of playing first person shooters on the pc, I cringe and detest playing halo2 on xbox.

MikeReiner is offline   Reply With Quote