far cry online strange.....

onimusha

In Runtime
it worked before i installed xp service pack two, and mcafee and all windows update. but after installing all these things i just get cd verification timeout when i type my cd key to log online in far cry. disabling all firewalls did nothing, opening all ports did nothing, its really strange. Even before i installed xp service pack 2, all windows update, and mcafee this game worked online with the latest patches and without the latest patches it still worked online. now it doesnt. i even tried firewalls disabling in mcafee as well as windows xp. i just wasted 35 dollars on this game. alot of people have this problem on the offical forum of far cry, but there seems to be no solution. i dont want to remove windows service pack 2.

apparently sp2 screws with games. dunno if its true but if it is you have no choice but to take off sp2

I dont think he should take of SP2 i can still play far cry online and i have SP2..maybe try messing around with some settings?

i disabled all mcafee i and i still keep getting verification timeout when i enter the cd key to log online. even if i type jibberish i still get verification timeout

what is preventing my cd key from being verified. it worked when i installed windows xp proffesional only without service pack 2 without updates of any kind, without mcafee. but osak can play online with service pack 2. what is wrong here. why god why are you doing this to me.

do you have a router?

edit: this might be it, ok go to Start:control panel:secutrity center:click windows firewall and a window will pop up. Go to exceptions and see if Far Cry is unchecked, if it is check it, and if its not there go to Add Program and manually add it

yes but it worked before with the router without windows xp proffesional service pack 2 and all the updates including mcafee. it verified the cd key before all this with the router.

Back
Top Bottom