far cry graphics?

The ATI Radeon X800Pro is for the AGP bus at about $400 bucks.

There is a PCI Express version as well, but I don't know if it is released or not.

Yes, I have spent $400 bucks on a video card.

I had a 9500Pro and waited for the release of the 9800Pro. I was in front of Fry's (a computer superstore in California) in the morning the day it was released and paid $399 plus tax.

Best money I ever spent for my computer.

It was much better then the $699 I spent for the brand new 486DX2-66 chip in 1992.

Lol! I can't imagine anybody paying $700 for a 486 - I suppose its just the difference in time I have grown up in. Was that on its own or with a Computer?

$699 for Intel 486DX2 - 66 CPU only.

That was the P4 Extreme Edition of 1992.

DOOM screamed on that chip. I was a fragging master.

killerdoberman said:
Yes, I have spent $400 bucks on a video card.

I had a 9500Pro and waited for the release of the 9800Pro. I was in front of Fry's (a computer superstore in California) in the morning the day it was released and paid $399 plus tax.

Best money I ever spent for my computer.

It was much better then the $699 I spent for the brand new 486DX2-66 chip in 1992.

:eek: you sure make a lot of money, im always on a tight budget, i gotta eat first, then play :p

Not really, especially when I was in school/college.

I use to bet people bowling to pay for my computer habit. Plus I was wierd in that I didn't drink or party, I spent all my money on computers and rent. Eating was cheap...popcorn, mac & cheese and gernic cola. :)

Now, I am much older still like computers as hobby and am doing very well for a Senior Quality Engineer with 13 years experience.

Back
Top Bottom