far cry graphics?

HaloMaster20041

In Runtime
i wanted to ask if a ati radeon 9600 pro (stock) could play the graphics of far cry at full capacity, if not, should i buy another video card or overclock the current one. thanks :confused:

You'll have to download, or buy a copy off the internet 3D Mark 2004.

I don't know if you'll be able to run it at full capacity, Medium/High range
Thats ussually where I keep my settings at, although I can run it on the "Very high" settings, I choose not to cause it will tend to get a little below 37 FPS.With the Medium/high option, I can get 200+ FPS.

Try to go with the 9600 XT, it's an amazing card!
Very overclock-friendly.
But if you can't get the 9600 XT overclock the 9600 Pro...

I'd imagine you probably can get it at Very high on FarCry - I can get my simple FX5200 to Medium in caves and High Outdoors. So its got to be possible with a card like that for Very High everywhere.

The CRYEngine for FarCry is extreme. By saying extreme I have yet to see a system to run FarCry at max settings.

I have a 9800Pro (see rest of system below) and I can't run FarCry at max settings.

If I turn off AA and Ansio and I can do a pretty good job at getting great graphics at 1024 x 768, at 1280 x 960/1024 I have troubles at max settings.

Bottom line...the CRYEngine is going to max your system especially your video card. If max settings is yor goal, then I would get a X800 and at least a 3.2GHz CPU.

This is a bad game to try and use max settings on a budget. Just remember other are going to follow, i.e. Half-Life 2, Doom III, even Splinter Cell's Pandora Tomorrow is a tough engine.

Anything that has see through water, fog, dust, and the newer item "rusticles" are going to max your graphics card pretty easily.

killerdoberman said:
The CRYEngine for FarCry is extreme. By saying extreme I have yet to see a system to run FarCry at max settings.

I have a 9800Pro (see rest of system below) and I can't run FarCry at max settings.

If I turn off AA and Ansio and I can do a pretty good job at getting great graphics at 1024 x 768, at 1280 x 960/1024 I have troubles at max settings.

Bottom line...the CRYEngine is going to max your system especially your video card. If max settings is yor goal, then I would get a X800 and at least a 3.2GHz CPU.

This is a bad game to try and use max settings on a budget. Just remember other are going to follow, i.e. Half-Life 2, Doom III, even Splinter Cell's Pandora Tomorrow is a tough engine.

Anything that has see through water, fog, dust, and the newer item "rusticles" are going to max your graphics card pretty easily.
I don't know really, I've never seen it at 1024 Max Settings either. I think I may give it a go in a minute but I know it probably won't work on my humble graphics card.

Eitherway - there is no way to see if it will work other than to try it and have a look at how it handles.

deepthroat said:
You'll have to download, or buy a copy off the internet 3D Mark 2004.

I don't know if you'll be able to run it at full capacity, Medium/High range
Thats ussually where I keep my settings at, although I can run it on the "Very high" settings, I choose not to cause it will tend to get a little below 37 FPS.With the Medium/high option, I can get 200+ FPS.

Try to go with the 9600 XT, it's an amazing card!
Very overclock-friendly.
But if you can't get the 9600 XT overclock the 9600 Pro...

how much is the 9600 XT?

Back
Top Bottom