Fans and Heatsinks

2GB RAM seems quite low for gaming/video editing, especially if you plan to run Windows Vista. Video/Photo editing will definitely need more RAM, and gaming with 2GB would even be pushing it on Vista.

I was going to get 2 2GB sticks for a total of 4GB of RAM. Is that still to low? Should I just spend the money and go for 8GB?

I was going to get 2 2GB sticks for a total of 4GB of RAM. Is that still to low? Should I just spend the money and go for 8GB?

2x 2GB sticks is good, but don't find a 2GB stick and add 2 to your cart, get a pack of 2x 2GB dual-channel RAM. like this one.

If you go with a Core i7 build though, you'll want to pick up 6GB (3x 2GB) tri-channel.

Building a shiny, powerful i7 rig and putting it in a cheap Rosewill case while still $200 under budget doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

its just a suggestion he can get any case he wants.

the way i see it, all a case has to do is protect the components. it doesnt matter if it looks cool. and as for air flow he can add fans.

He still needs an OS and maybe monitor, mouse, and keyboard

other than that, its a pretty solid build.

its just a suggestion he can get any case he wants.

the way i see it, all a case has to do is protect the components. it doesnt matter if it looks cool. and as for air flow he can add fans.

He still needs an OS and maybe monitor, mouse, and keyboard

other than that, its a pretty solid build.

There's a reason better cases are more expensive, and you should know, its not 100% aesthetics.

Back
Top Bottom