fan trouble

Re: omg fan trouble

um. . . if im not mistaken u said u keep ur side panel off all the time. That is not good at all. You need to put it back on. with it on the comp will be able to circulate. Without it the area around it will just get hot and it wont help.

Hmm weird... The motherboard temperature is higher than the CPU temp?...
Have you got any other fans surrounding the motherboard, like on the case? Or do you just have the CPU fan? If so, that is why its jumping that much, and will be better with the side on, once you get a bit more circulation in there.

Fans for the case and that only cost a few quid, if that.

well i got the 3 little fans in the cd drive blowing the hdd which is in the drive. and i got a fan on top of the hdd and the bottom of the drive.

the thing in the middle with the cord is the hdd.

the fans are held up on top of the hdd with paper clips!

and i got the heatsink fan

the chipset and the psu fan.

thats all

Hmm... Well, I'd get another one.

Have you got any spaces at the back of the case, for maybe 2 80mm fans? Or maybe 1 120mm fan?

You see, that will be why your computer won't be cooling down with the side open. The air isn't being flowed out.

here is my results now after having the side on a little longer

i havent had my computer on the whole time just now i have had the side on for like more time ya know what i mean?

hey my hdd temp keeps going down but everything else keeps going up

i would love to get more fans but my mom remeber.

she wont let me do anything to the cokmpouter

ya know.

i try to do something and she says the computer works fine as is i dont need to fiddle with it. she doesnt belive i know what i am doing.

Yeah, its very bizzare that your motherboard is hotter than your CPU, and to me, thats rather worrying, even though you do have fans on it.

Plus your CPU's rather hot if its idle, and the CPU fan is running over 4000 RPM... hmm strange... but the heat has no where to escape.

You need a fan at the back, I think to draw the hot air out of the machine, and if you have a space at the front for a bigger fan, draw cold air in from that.

So then you have a cold flow coming in and a hot flow coming out. That is when the side won't make much difference, and you won't have to worry about the cat :p

i hate this i feel like my computer is...like disinigrating as we speak. it makes me mad. but i cant do anything about it.

but when i get to college

o ya speed machine. at it will run at 80 degrees

athlon 64

2 ghz overclocked to about 2.2

thermaltake heatsink.

2 80 gig sata 300 raided 0

and an 80 gig backkup

1 to 4 gigs of ram

19inch lcd monitor

256 video card

basically that is what i will have. o ya a seet thru case

and a laptop

and a handheld pc

all my money in college will be compouter, internet, and cell cingular plan...the nation 2000 plan $100

and i will have the fastest internet connection i cang et my hands on.

o man i will be the ultimate techno geek. that will be the day.

but until then i am in a minimum security "computer fiddling with" prison.

Back
Top Bottom