Fan questions

PCNoob2

Daemon Poster
Are fans plugged into the motherboard or are they plugged directly from wires coming from the PSU?

Is it the 4 pronged power cable like for the hard drive and CD?

Some have little 3 pin connectors that go to the mobo, many just have larger 4 pin molex connectors that run off the power supply. You'll know the difference if you see it.

depends. most fans like cpu fans and case fans connect directly to the motherboard, but if you run out of pins on the mobo, then you can get a little adapter that goes from fan-to-big 4 pin cable for hard drive.

D-Lew said:
Some have little 3 pin connectors that go to the mobo, many just have larger 4 pin molex connectors that run off the power supply. You'll know the difference if you see it.

Cool, thanks.

The parts for my computer arrived today and I'm excited and nervous lol.

I have a LITTLE bit of experiance because I took apart my old, old computer and put it back together.

Hopefully everything will turn out well because my parents kind of doubt I can do it and I'll just have wasted all my money.

I was in the exact same situation and it turned out really well, so don't be nervous. Just make sure you ground yourself and don't walk around on carpet. If you have a good manual, it's very easy. Be very delicate with your motherboard connections, especially the CPU. Don't force anything (except sometimes the RAM will fight back when you try to push it in). Took me about 3 hours to get the PC up and running, including Windows and a couple of games.

Back
Top Bottom