Fan Noise Question

Well, the PSU I got came with a fan speed controller. All of my fans run on molexes, and that's what it supports, so I plugged them all up to that and turned it all the way down (it doesn't decrease the flow that much, trust me, and I'm keeping a sharp eye on temperatures; right now I'm running 32 Celsius CPU, 32 Celsius System, and 27 Celsius on my main HDD). Bam! The noise level dropped a whole lot. Now, the loudest thing I can hear is my CPU fan, and that is quiet. Thanks for your help, anyway!

Sorry, im confused, are you trying to cool down your hard drives? Just get a hard drive cooler?

I have, one on CPU (obv), one 120mm intake, system air extractor, and hard drive coolers and temps are pretty low.

No, I have an intake fan in front of my hard drives and it helps them cool off, but it was noisy. So, I put in the fan controller and it isn't so noisy although my temperatures all rose by 1-2 degrees Celsius, but that's fine. My temperatures were fine before anyway.

Simple Answer: Turn the music up louder! :D

No but seriously, if you need that fan in there, find a different way to mount in on there. I'll show you what I did with my HDD fan! :D

***NOTE*** The HDD fans is the multicolored one!

As you can see, the HDD fans are actually suppossed to be underneath the HDDs, but they don't fit, so the slots on the side of the HDD, I just took some zip-ties and zip tied the sucker in there. They actually look really good right there and happen to cool the PC enviorment more then they would have if they were underneath the HDDs. Plus the cool the HDDs a good amount too! :D

Uh... Yeah, it looks great but I still don't see what's going. But I got it fixed so it is a-okay! :D

Back
Top Bottom