Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 12-01-2004, 07:25 PM   #1
Baseband Member
Send a message via AIM to EE_RIT
Default Fan Controllers

For my senior design project I think I'm gonna make a fan controller for a PC and have it intergrated into the PC through maybe a USB port or something. Are there any ideas on what would make a good product and what kinda features that people would incorportated into it? I would probably use a PIC (microcontroller) to interface to the computer. Probably have user settings through a GUI of some kind to change system temp and then the fans would speed up and slow down accordingly to the RPM sensor and such provided by the three terminal fan. Maybe find the vector of the CPU temp in the bios or something and use that for CPU throttling.. Maybe have super quite operation and high performance settings.. I know there are some out there that are like this. The one I have has shitting temp sensors, and doesn't regulator the fan speed automatically. This project is still a while off, but I want to start getting some user feedback on what people would want..

EE_RIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2004, 07:30 PM   #2
Daemon Poster
Default Re: Fan Controllers

Well I think it's outer design would play a part. Basically what I'm trying to say is make it look cool and people will probably even if it's crap.
Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote