Family Members old buisness computer issues by company

Akan92

Beta member
Hey so thers a IBM A20m laptop that was issued by a older company for buisness purposes to my family member, the family member has moved alot since it was used and has rediscoverd it it still runs WIndows Xp Proffessional and idk how to hack it or wipe it so i can put it to some good uses, Any Ideas??????????????
-Could realy uses some serious technical support help or watever it would be cosiderd to get this thing doin some usable stuff

XP pro is still a usable OS.

(still supports most software up to the latest version), infact it still has better support from 3rd parties in terms of drivers etc than either vista or windows 7.

you could stick Linux on it, I don't know exactly what the hardware specs are, (can you post hard disk size, CPU speed and memory), you might find that this thing could run windows 7 with no problems at all. (I've been running windows 7 on a Dell D610 that thing was pretty old and had a (reasonably) slow single core CPU, but it ran windows 7 just fine.

What do you want to do with it? Do you want to get in to Windows XP on there... or do you want to put another OS on it :p

To wipe it, get another OS cd, slap it in there, format and install.

thank you for the info but heres the part wer i gt befuttled i want to wipe the system so i can do other things but the system is.... in a sort of words standerd issue by company and wen my family member was working for them they had jus about everything password protected so with saying that i want to be able to wipe the computer so that it havs no company reference or company ties and its almost like bgetting a refferbished comp. any idea how i can do that captian since you have asked me wat i want to do with it

Like the Captain said-- get an installation CD, boot it up and wipe the hard drive and install the OS.

If you don't want anything ever, run DBAN. Google it, download it, run it. That'll make sure everything's gone. Formatting does something different, but there's no need to get in to that. Either will work fine. If you want to feel like it's a completely new computer, run DBAN.

You'll still need another CD with an OS on it.

Back
Top Bottom