AMD Athlon 64 3000
ECS 755-A2 Motherboard
256 Mb DDR PC2100 Ram
Crappy 32 MB Ati Radeon Card
Windows Xp Media Center Ed.
500 Watt Power Supply
Idle CPU temp = 26 C
Idle System temp 27C

I read the post about over clocking that everyone seems to like on this site but I ran into a problem. I adjusted the Dimm speed down from 133 to 100 and increased the FSB from 200 to 250. I also turned the HT down from 800 Mhz to 600 Mhz. When I restarted the system was booting xp and then gave me a quick blue screen of death and then restarted but the screen will not turn on.

I tried to reset the Cmos by changing the jumpers to the reset and then back and also pulling out the battery but nothing seems to get my monitor back on. Im not exactly sure if I am resetting the cmos correctly or what not. I thought that as long as I didnt adjust voltage or let the system run to hot I would be safe overclocking. Maybe I was wrong. Hopefully someone can tell me how to reset the cmos or what that could have ruined (if thats possible).

Reset the BIOS by removing the battery andremoving the PSU cable. I think you OCed too high. AMd Athlon 64 with a PC2100? Nah, it's fine, but I wonder how you came with this and a crappy 32MB card.

I had the same thing happen with an old computer of mine i just scraped it was not any good

are u able to get into the bios? and also if u are going to be overclocking u have to raise the voltage to keep it stable, its not an option to just overclock without raising it as u tried to, one of the problems could be that u have a crappy motherboard, it also could be the ram, i cant figure out what speed your ram was at at the time but it might have been to high for it to handle, keep in mind that when overclocking the ram speed will increase and u will need to raise the voltage in that as well, if u get your comp back to a working state (which u should) then i wouldnt try overclocking just because of the bad motherboard

I just upgraded the mb and cpu that why the other technology is so behind. As of right now I cannot access the bios on the screen I cannot even get the screen to trun from yellow to green. I need to know what the psu cable is

(It said page could not be displayed and so pressed back. Turns out it did post...so ended up posting two)

No it won't be shot, don't worry strikeking17. As long as you don't overclock too high, you will never get a lasting damage effect. It can usually easily be reset back to standard clocks.

Do what lhuser states with resetting the bios by removing the battery and taking out the power from the wall socket, and then after a while placing it back.

On some motherboards, there is a CMOS jumper, that basically does the same thing, but ALOT quicker.
Check in the manual if you have it, but if you do, its this connection, almost like the jumper on the back of a hard drive, that uses a piece of plastic with metal connectors (the jumper) to make a connection on the desired function.

If you move this from its standard position and to the other secondary position, the power will be removed from the battery and it'll be wiped almost simultaniously. Though leave it like that for a minute to be sure, and then simply place the jumper back.

I hope this helps :)

Back
Top Bottom