THIS IS f*UCKIN WEIRD

Good info Setit

I will throw some rep your way.

Hopfully (AMDrules) wont be an asshole and bomb you with Negative :rolleyes:

AMD RULES said:
actually, i can explain.
I got this information from my computer science teacher who happened to be an executive for IBM for over 30 yrs.

Not worth explaining over since you all feel your big shots :rolleyes:

His knowledge is out of date then. In the old days the air around platters had to be "cleanroom" clean. A little dust and it was all over for those drives.
Today the clean air is really a non issue. Built in filters and pressure balancing are common.
And don't even think about leaving me a neg rep. I don't give a flying f**k about them to begin with. You handing out bogus info is my concern.
Seti says> If you have nothing usefull to say, say nothing...

Sun Grayson said:
can anyone explain this to me?

breifly, my brother came over to record a track in my studio studio setup..

we hear clicking as if the HDD or sum'n is failin.*computer wont get past the welcome screen* something in the pc is screetching, sounded like the hard drive spinnin,.

we take my nephew out to eat for his b-day.

we come back, the computer wont get past the welcome screen, every now n then it'll *click* then freeze..

so 2 hours have elapsed, the same problem is occuring..

right when he leaves, i say hmmmm, lemme open up the pc to see what that clicking sound is *i thought it was the HDD* so, i open it up, turned it sidways, and it boots up.. thats why i'm able to type this message right now..

now wtf is going on? i'm sick of all the pc oddities that occur every now n then.

have ya'll any idea?

Hard drive is dead, backup data and replace it.

AMD RULES said:
i didn't give setit any bad rep at all....w/e :rolleyes:
No...
but you gave me bad rep for daring to disagree with you...

if you honestly got that info from some IBM exec who was working for them for years, then I thikn you should know that he was lying...

if you didn't get that information from some IBM exec then it was you that was lying... either way, what you said wasn't true.

there is no way that smoking will affect anything internal on the disk.

root said:
No...
but you gave me bad rep for daring to disagree with you...

if you honestly got that info from some IBM exec who was working for them for years, then I thikn you should know that he was lying...

if you didn't get that information from some IBM exec then it was you that was lying... either way, what you said wasn't true.

there is no way that smoking will affect anything internal on the disk.

Hard drives are not actually sealed popular to contrary belief, their is a SMALL filter to allow a slightly amount of air into the hard drive to equalize the air pressure.

However, dust particles cannot get thru and I doubt smoke particles could.

Back
Top Bottom